Share a time you have been reminded you are a minority in your country

I attended a meeting today online and we had a guest who was a white woman. I couldn't believe it when she started talking. She kept talking so slowly, repeating words for us, and pointing to her head for example saying "h a t." It was so disrespectful and everyone in the room was speaking in English and understood the language, so I don't get why she did that. That whole meeting reminded me that even being born in the west, I will never truly belong. I'm so over living in a majority cadaan/ajanabi community.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Poor soul!

Alx, I'm eating good here.
The sun, the ceydh, the beaches and introducing old white people to Hibongo's ways.

:hemad::hemad:

Poor soul!

Alx, I'm eating good here.
The sun, the ceydh, the beaches and introducing old white people to Hibongo's ways.

:hemad::hemad:
Where are you at man? It was so bad i had to sit there for one hour listening to them putting us all down like that. I felt so embarrassed loool

Restaurants. I live in Edina and every restaurant is 100% white. It feels so awkward whenever my family eats out. It feels like ill get hate crimed

:stressed:i never understood why Somali get bullied now I do you niggas don't even speak up. Next time she does that bullshit speak up
No one seemed to have an issue with her even the actual hosts of the training personally invited her. I will look like the crazy person if I did that lol.

When I went one city away from Toronto and never saw another Somali even when I walked all over town. That's when I realized that 65k census figure in a 30 mil pop country was probably true.

:stressed:i never understood why Somali get bullied now I do you niggas don't even speak up. Next time she does that bullshit speak up
Never understood that either. Get a crew and retaliate. Then you're pretty much safe. Or don't get involved with shady people. You'll never get punked if you do either or.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
I attended a meeting today online and we had a guest who was a white woman. I couldn't believe it when she started talking. She kept talking so slowly, repeating words for us, and pointing to her head for example saying "h a t." It was so disrespectful and everyone in the room was speaking in English and understood the language, so I don't get why she did that. That whole meeting reminded me that even being born in the west, I will never truly belong. I'm so over living in a majority cadaan/ajanabi community.
1 day when the netherlands were playing against sweden and i was singing the dutch national anthem before the game with my cadaan friends. i had other cadaans looking at me like this
giphy.gif

:lolbron:

When I went one city away from Toronto and never saw another Somali even when I walked all over town. That's when I realized that 65k census figure in a 30 mil pop country was probably true.

I live in one of these cities outside the ones you listed with a small somali population, so Somalis don't really get bullied here cause there isn't much of us. If I visited minnesota I would probably have a culture shock seeing that many Somalis in one place.

I live in one of these cities outside the ones you listed with a small somali population, so Somalis don't really get bullied here cause there isn't much of us. If I visited minnesota I would probably have a culture shock seeing that many Somalis in one place.
That happened to me when I was there. It's a good experience. You feel good seeing your people everywhere. At least I felt good.

I have always felt like a minority because I lived in a cadaan neighbourhood, even now where I work at there is two ajnabis me included. The other guy is on a holiday so Im alone.

Being minority stopped bothering me when I was 14-15. I have learned to live with it. I also live in a country where there is just 20 000 somalis only and only 400 000 thousand ajnabis overall compared to 5 and half million

maybe like every one out of every two times that a white person disagrees with me.... but the whites are the minority here so.... they'll just have to accept "multiculturalism"

Trending