Scientists find 52 genes linked to intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/science/52-genes-human-intelligence.html?_r=0

The study was done on European samples and does not cover other populations.

A very funny thing that I can see coming in the next decade and half, as intelligence is deciphered, is that most variants that contribute to intelligence will be found in African populations. Africa has most of the world's human diversity, and presumably that means the most variants pertaining to intelligence. Intelligence is an additive trait, the more genes you have that are positively related to intelligence, the more intelligent you are. Basically, in order to engineer smarter and smarter humans you will have to add more and more "African" genes to your baby. There is probably enough diversity in Africa that Africans may just be able to add more "African" genes and not use any non-African ones. All non-Africans will not have this option.

What I am trying to say is that the HBD/RaceRealism crowd may end up cucking themselves in the future, which is totally hilarious.

:hemad:

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
Wait a minute I thought African genes were for dumb people.
I don't want to associated with African genes
:kodaksmiley:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
African genes are for dumb people which is why Africans are dumb people
Chinese genes are for smart people
Chinese jeans are also quite well made tbh

African genes are for dumb people which is why Africans are dumb people
Chinese genes are for smart people
Chinese jeans are also quite well made tbh

Read this, you can thank me later.

Association of dumbness or low IQ with Africans has been completely annihilated by data collected in North American and Western Europe over the past decade which show no disparities between white children and African children. Also, Africans are academically killing it in countries like the UK/US. In the UK, Black African kids started surpassing white kids in about half a decade ago. Ironically, if you take out Somalis from the data, black African children perform on par with the Chinese! This has been well-known to anyone who follows education in these countries!

Last edited:
I know. :icon mrgreen:

That being said, the curve has been increasing at tremendous rate for Somali children too, as mentioned in the article, and the reason they're behind is more aptly explained by them and/or their parents being from a war-torn country, poverty, as well as of course language issues.

Last edited:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
I know. :icon mrgreen:

That been said, the curve has been increasing at tremendous rate for Somali children too, as mentioned in the article, and the reason they're behind is more aptly explained by them and/or their parents being from a war-torn country, poverty, as well as of course language issues.
So what you're saying is that bantua are physically superior and academically superior :damn:

So what you're saying is that bantua are physically superior and academically superior :damn:
I'm gonna get killed on this forum! :icon lol:

Neither. I'm saying the old narrative of black Africans being intellectually inferior to whites is effectively dead.

I still don't understand the underperformance of African Americans, but I haven't read much into that, really.

Neither. I'm saying the old narrative of black Africans being intellectually inferior to whites is effectively dead.

I still don't understand the underperformance of African Americans, but I haven't read much into that, really.

According to suugo science, the root cause is the blight known as race mixing. AAs have significant white ancestry and Somalis are black Caucasians. Coincidence? I think not. :yacadiim:

According to suugo science, the root cause is the blight known as race mixing. AAs have significant white ancestry and Somalis are black Caucasians. Coincidence? I think not. :yacadiim:
Are you saying the reason both AAs and Somalis underperform is because they have white ancestry?

If so, then this forum hosts all types of diverse racist views. My suugo science dissertation plan sorted.

Apollo

VIP
SNPs aren't really ''genes'' from a race. They are usually found all over the world. What makes things racial is when there is a large pattern of them on your genome and then genome structure programs pick it up as foreign influence.

So if they found a few hundred intelligence SNPs from Africa and implanted them into Eurasians, they wouldn't be detectable as mixed.

Apollo

VIP

You can't compare refugees with people who get into the West via work visas. They are totally different. One isn't selected, the other is selected.

Also, for Somalia they keep continuing to accept FOBs. With many African countries they only accepted refugees from those places for a short time.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
SNPs aren't really ''genes'' from a race. They are usually found all over the world. What makes things racial is when there is a large pattern of them on your genome and then genome structure programs pick it up as foreign influence.

So if they found a few hundred intelligence SNPs from Africa and implanted them into Eurasians, they wouldn't be detectable as mixed.

They are actually talking about entire genes, not just differences in a single nucleotide. In order to gain an increase in intelligence you will have to insert the gene in its entirety which will definitely show up as foreign structure. There may be some places where a change in a single nucleotide will have a large effect, but I doubt there are many such low hanging fruit, evolution usually plucks those quickly.

Their combined influence is minuscule, the researchers said, suggesting that thousands more are likely to be involved and still await discovery

Do you agree that Africa's diversity will mean that most intelligence genes will be African in origin? And that genetic engineering of intelligence will rely on African genes for improvement much more than any other group?

Apollo

VIP
They are actually talking about entire genes, not just differences in a single nucleotide. In order to gain an increase in intelligence you will have to insert the gene in its entirety which will definitely show up as foreign structure. There may be some places where a change in a single nucleotide will have a large effect, but I doubt there are many such low hanging fruit, evolution usually plucks those quickly.

There are no genes specific to one race. Only allele patterns and SNPs. Inserting phenotypic traits into another race would not make them appear admixed.

Do you agree that Africa's diversity will mean that most intelligence genes will be African in origin? And that genetic engineering of intelligence will rely on African genes for improvement much more than any other group?

The low hanging fruit is going to be first discovered in Europe and East Asia since they have very good public records about the achievements of people. It would be far easier to study it there. When they are done with those they can move on to finding the African ones to get even more.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers

Single parent households, high birthrates, socioeconomic status, and attending poorly funded schools.

Apollo

VIP
Single parent households, high birthrates, socioeconomic status, and attending poorly funded schools.

Black Americans don't have high birth rates, they have something like 2 children on average. The percentage of Black Americans (native) has been constant at 12% for a long time.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Black Americans don't have high birth rates, they have something like 2 children on average. The percentage of Black Americans (native) has been constant at 12% for a long time.

You're right. Whatever I was looking at is clearly wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
There are no genes specific to one race. Only allele patterns and SNPs. Inserting phenotypic traits into another race would not make them appear admixed.

The low hanging fruit is going to be first discovered in Europe and East Asia since they have very good public records about the achievements of people. It would be far easier to study it there. When they are done with those they can move on to finding the African ones to get even more.

If a gene has an allele that shows up at a 99% frequency in a population and at 1% in another can it not be ascribed to the population in which it is predominant?

I would argue that changing the frequency of the occurrence of thousands of alleles in a population would show up as admixture at some point. The insertion of an allele that is almost entirely exclusive to African population in a large number of non-Africans is very much an admixing.

I just don't see a way out of the auto-cucking problem for the HBDers who are obsessed with intelligence and raising it through genetic engineering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts