Scary verses in the Quran

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing some reading of a translated copy of Surah Al-Baqarah and these verses caught my eye....

84. And (remember) when We took your covenant (saying): Shed not the blood of your (people), nor turn out your own people from their dwellings. Then, (this) you ratified and (to this) you bore witness.) (85. After this, it is you who kill one another and drive out a party of you from their homes, assist (their enemies) against them, in sin and transgression. And if they come to you as captives, you ransom them, although their expulsion was forbidden to you. Then do you believe in a part of the Book and reject the rest Then what is the recompense of those who do so among you, except disgrace in the life of this world, and on the Day of Resurrection they shall be consigned to the most grievous torment. And Allah is not unaware of what you do.

Tafsir: Allah criticized the Jews who lived in Al-Madinah during the time of the Messenger of Allah . They used to suffer, because of the armed conflicts between the tribes of Al-Madinah, Aws and Khazraj. Before Islam, the Aws and Khazraj worshipped idols, and many battles took place between them. There were three Jewish tribes in Al-Madinah at that time, Banu Qaynuqa` and Banu An-Nadir, the allies of the Khazraj, and Banu Qurayzah, who used to be the allies of the Aws. When war erupted between Aws and Khazraj, their Jewish allies would assist them. The Jew would kill his Arab enemy, and sometimes they also killed Jews who were the allies of the other Arab tribe, although the Jews were prohibited from killing each other according to clear religious texts in their Books. They would also drive each other from their homes and loot whatever furniture and money they could.

Can this not be applied to tribal warfare in Somalia or even worse Somalia and all it's maamul goboleeds handing over Somalis from Ogadenia to Ethiopian gov for money or handing over Somalis to the West (under false terror allegations). If so then the Curse of Allah SWT must be upon us that's why we are going to live in "disgrace in the life of this world" and what's to come in Akhirah will be even worse...

Every nation has had a civil war. America, Britain, Russia, China, India. Somalia isn't unique.

The history of a nation is the history of its wars against enemies foreign as well as domestic.

Every nation has had a civil war. America, Britain, Russia, China, India. Somalia isn't unique.

The history of a nation is the history of its wars against enemies foreign as well as domestic.

What have those gaal nations got to do with what I posted? I'm not even talking about the civil war you need to stop trying to ruin every Islamic thing on sspot we get it you're a liberal Muslim

What have those gaal nations got to do with what I posted? I'm not even talking about the civil war you need to stop trying to ruin every Islamic thing on sspot we get it you're a liberal Muslim
The verse you quoted is about civil war between Jews. And then you connected it to the "tribal warfare in Somalia". Not sure what other conclusion you expect people to draw except that Somalis are like those Jews. There's nothing Islamic about that interpretation.

The verse you quoted is about civil war between Jews. And then you connected it to the "tribal warfare in Somalia". Not sure what other conclusion you expect people to draw except that Somalis are like those Jews. There's nothing Islamic about that interpretation.

Was the only tribal warfare in Somalia during the civil war? Does it not still occur today? Did you not read what I wrote after that? I do not wish to debate a liberal mozlem

@Boqor

The civil war is still ongoing buddy. Fair enough if I misunderstood. Not interested in ligitigating the issue.

Since you mention Jews, here's something to think about.
Israel has not had a civil war or coup in its 70 year existence. Its been a stable democracy from the beginning, even though it consists of three different Jewish ethnicities with different languages. Its Arab neighbors however have had one bloody coup after another followed by one dictator after another. Could it have something to do with the fact Arabs have preferred dictators to consensual government?

@Boqor

The civil war is still ongoing buddy. Fair enough if I misunderstood. Not interested in ligitigating the issue.

Since you mention Jews, here's something to think about.
Israel has not had a civil war or coup in its 70 year existence. Its been a stable democracy from the beginning, even though it consists of three different Jewish ethnicities with different languages. Its Arab neighbors however have had one bloody coup after another followed by one dictator after another. Could it have something to do with the fact Arabs have preferred dictators to consensual government?

The Zionist Jewish state has forsaken the law of the Torah as their forefathers did and their punishment is impending (most probably by the hands of the Muslims) and what waits for them in the afterlife is even worse. Funnily enough there are Jews in the Zionist state who are very anti-gov because it doesn't judge by Jewish laws in the scriptures and the state doesn't observe the Sabbath.

The Zionist Jewish state has forsaken the law of the Torah as their forefathers did and their punishment is impending (most probably by the hands of the Muslims) and what waits for them in the afterlife is even worse. Funnily enough there are Jews in the Zionist state who are very anti-gov because it doesn't judge by Jewish laws in the scriptures and the state doesn't observe the Sabbath.
Isis tried enforcing "God's law". Didn't get them any where. So did the Taliban. It wasn't a roaring success as you may have gleaned from taking a look at Kabul one of these days. The Ayatollahs tried it in Iran. It's not done much for their economy all these years. Poor guys. Can't catch a break.

Another interesting thought: Pakistan was founded a year before Israel in '47. It has descended into dictatorship, poverty, suicide bombings, and corruption. The Jews however live in a stable and prosperous secular democracy. There's a lesson in there for you.

Isis tried enforcing "God's law". Didn't get them any where. So did the Taliban. It wasn't a roaring success as you may have gleaned from taking a look at Kabul one of these days. The Ayatollahs tried it in Iran. It's not done much for their economy all these years. Poor guys. Can't catch a break.

Another interesting thought: Pakistan was founded a year before Israel in '47. It has descended into dictatorship, poverty, suicide bombings, and corruption. The Jews however live in a stable and prosperous secular democracy. There's a lesson in there for you.
I reported you for deraling the thread

Not sure how its "deraling" if I'm dealing with the OP's Qur'anic exegesis. It would be "deraling" if I talked about how Somalis are Arabs all the time and wrote Arabic script in my profile like some cretins around here who cannot spell.
First That's a straw man argument and an ad hominem attack
Second reported again for deraling the topic

First, you've misspelled derailing a second time after I drew it to your attention. Second, it is not derailing to explain why an inability to spell makes you cretinous.
Another straw argument. I'm tired of this so I'm gonna tell you this stop derailing the ops thread or I will report you again

Another straw argument. I'm tired of this so I'm gonna tell you this stop derailing the ops thread or I will report you again
Congrats! You've finally managed to correct your misspelling of common words with the help of a spellchecker. I'm proud of you kid.

Here's another English lesson: ad hominem does not mean a personal attack. It means a personal attack that does not deal with the substance of an argument. If a personal attack accompanies a substantive engagement with the argument, that does not qualify as an ad hominem. You're welcome.

Congrats! You've finally managed to correct your misspelling of common words with the help of a spellchecker. I'm proud of you kid.

Here's another English lesson: ad hominem does not mean a personal attack. It means a personal attack that does not deal with the substance of an argument. If a personal attack accompanies a substantive engagement with the argument, that does not qualify as an ad hominem. You're welcome.
Lol first of all I didn't say you were attacking me this time learn how to read dipshit and this is an ad hominem attack
And for the last time stop with the straw man arguments this is the third time and don't bother to respond cause I won't engage in this silly circle of debate with you. stop derailing the ops post
Btw about my spelling Google keyboard has a huge problem with it's auto correct of course you won't believe me so go ahead and Google it

Last edited:
Lol first of all I didn't say you were attacking me this time learn how to read dipshit and this is an ad hominem attack
And for the last time stop with the straw man arguments this is the third time and don't bother to respond cause I won't engage in this silly circle of debate with you. stop derailing the ops post
What's up man, y so tilted? Bidaar is a cool dude whose only intent is to entertain not derail. He is very helpful :dzmxmmb: always providing insight and his experiences.

Guskeedi miya rabtaa aboowe? You've been jumping up and down to get my attention like a skirt clutching dhoocil who wants to get drilled.

You've exposed yourself as ignorant of basic English spelling and the meaning of Latin words that you think make you look smart. "Deraling" indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts