Sam Harris Calls for profiling only Muslims at airports

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW YORK -- Atheist and public intellectual Sam Harris this week defended his call for a more targeted approach by airport security staff in an interview with Ora.tv .

The neuroscientist, who has penned several books on religion, including "The End Of Faith" and "The Moral Landscape," said that not everyone boarding an airplane deserves the same level of scrutiny because members of the security team are looking for “suicidal jihadists.”

“We’re not looking for 80-year-old women from Okinawa,” he told host Dave Rubin. “We’re not looking for little girls from Norway. If Jerry Seinfeld’s going to the airport, [and] he gets the same search that someone who looks like Osama bin Laden does, that’s a crazy misuse of resources.”

Check out this hilarious contradiction :hemad::holeup:

“We have been sold this meme of Islamophobia, where criticism of the religion gets conflated with bigotry towards Muslims as people. It’s intellectually ridiculous,” said Harris.

And then:

“We should profile Muslims, or anyone who looks like he or she could conceivably be Muslim, and we should be honest about it. And, again, I wouldn’t put someone who looks like me entirely outside the bull’s-eye (after all, what would Adam Gadahn look like if he cleaned himself up?) But there are people who do not stand a chance of being jihadists, and TSA screeners can know this at a glance.”

:childplease::dead::mjlol::sass2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ial-profiling-muslims-airports_n_8140318.html

I don't trust anyone, even an octogenarian from Okinawa. She should be searched thoroughly. But I dont trust Muslims even more. Muslims should be stripped, dogs should sniff them, they should be interrogated. They should come to the airport 8-10 hours before departure to be searched, interrogated and whatnot for an hour.

NonMuslims should have it much more strict than they have it now but not to the level that Muslims should

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
We get it , he hates Islam and Muslims. Join the list dheh. I have watched him and his lab dog bill maher before and it's clear they don't hate all religions, they hate Islam and Muslims specially.

When you listen to what he and the neo-atheists say, you realize why Jahanam was created.

McD30

Bored to death
Wouldn't they just use white converts who are eager to prove themselves? It's as if he is giving them ideas :eminemdamn:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Aj look conceivably Muslim tho, nigga gonna get the bend ova and cough treatment like he doin a stretch in the pen

:hemad:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Harris is dumb. On one hand he says we shouldn't focus on 80 year old grandma's and focus on Muslims. Then he says he should be profiled too cos Adam Gadahn is white Muslim. So Mr Harris, how does a Muslim look like you dumb Jew boy?

Bielsa

VIP
I don't trust anyone, even an octogenarian from Okinawa. She should be searched thoroughly. But I dont trust Muslims even more. Muslims should be stripped, dogs should sniff them, they should be interrogated. They should come to the airport 8-10 hours before departure to be searched, interrogated and whatnot for an hour.

NonMuslims should have it much more strict than they have it now but not to the level that Muslims should

What does a Muslim look like? Brown middle eastern? Anyone with a Muslim name?

Bielsa

VIP
Aj look conceivably Muslim tho, nigga gonna get the bend ova and cough treatment like he doin a stretch in the pen

:hemad:

I bet his real name is Abdirahman or something. They'll bend him over and search his ass whilst he's trying to convince them he ain't muslim.

I really try to be understanding and open to those with different faiths or beliefs then I. However, this new wave of extreme militant atheism is too much. There are so many issues and problems to tackle, yet there are folks that still hold debates, explaining how people from certain faiths and beliefs should be treated, and how pretty much anyone who isn't an atheist should be classified as an idiot. All this time and energy could be placed into doing something more beneficial.

Now that’s a crazy misuse of resources.

Vice president of the divided Sunni people but pretending to be an atheist:

Anyone with a Muslim name or Muslim apperance.

Im changing my Muslim name soon to something Somali anyway. I won't be targeted. I will wear a suit and dress pants to the airport. Even with out it, I look like a western loving young man. Except in one case where I was inconvenienced at the airport (which happened during my Muslim time, western hating days with my Muslim name and my sunnah mini rick ross beard), it wont happen again.

SmellyCunt,

Im off tomorrow so lets meet tonight

May Allah end this man's life in the worst possible way. Ameen. I hope Sam Harris contracts Lou Gehrigs disease.

waraabe

Your superior
i agree, schools should only check white children as they will shoot up the place
police should regularly check white Christian's computers as there will be child
cinemas need to check whites because they will probably shoot up the place
etc

Status
Not open for further replies.