Genetics Sacad Muuse DNA?

A Sacad Muuse guy posted his results which are surprising for an Isaaq. His Reer abti is Garxajis. Is this common or is he a sheegato or an outlier?

Last edited:

Apollo

Anti-Akh | Pro-Samaale
Staff Member
His autosomal result (those percentages) are not standard, he has more Middle Eastern % and other traces than for Somalis of that region (Northwest). His haplogroups are not surprising, common ones.

23andMe's subregional map of Somalia is not accurate. They have limited sampling and give everyone as coming from Mogadishu/Banaadir because lots of Somalis from all over the country were born there/lived there in the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s. That algorithm is based on what people put in as their grandparent's place of birth.

His autosomal result (those percentages) are not standard, he has more Middle Eastern % and other traces than for Somalis of that region (Northwest). His haplogroups are not surprising, common ones.

23andMe's subregional map of Somalia is not accurate. They have limited sampling and give everyone as coming from Mogadishu/Banaadir because lots of Somalis from all over the country were born there/lived there in the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s. That algorithm is based on what people put in as their grandparent's place of birth.
So I think we can both agree his results are not standard for Isaaqs. It’s hard to say if he’s an outlier or not as we’re underrepresented compared to Arabs or Europeans or even Asians.

One thing is for sure the more tests we get done the clearer it’ll be to differentiate the full ethnics from the outliers.

So I think we can both agree his results are not standard for Isaaqs. It’s hard to say if he’s an outlier or not as we’re underrepresented compared to Arabs or Europeans or even Asians.

One thing is for sure the more tests we get done the clearer it’ll be to differentiate the full ethnics from the outliers.
It isn't that weird man. A lot of Isaaqs have Yemeni somewhere in their family tree, at least from what I've seen. Could just be that. It's only 10%.

Sure it isn't the most common but he's still an ethnic. But there are quite a few like him.

Latest posts