s ruined this

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is the only man I back down to for Marehan in FKD. Why? Cuz it's provable. Not a single leader has arose among us who did as much for Somalia except him. If we were to say who is the best states-man in Somalia, you can't overlook Abbe Siyad without being delusional.

The amount of work he did in a single 4 year period in comparison to another leader speaks volume, no-one has even come close to this guy. His the bench-mark on how leaders should progress the nation. Like I say to Somalis, show me one leader in Somalia who has accomplished the same development rate as Siyad, we will even break it up into 4 year cycles to perform measurements on health-infrastructure-education-business investments. They simply return with no answer not a single somali clan.

I find it highly offensive the Somali government doesn't set up a Siyad Barre Memorial but focuses on the SYL period who did nothing for the people. We can measure the SYL government performance in their 4 year blocs and you will see they were useless leaders in comparison to siyad barre. He basically took the state control away from their hands and Somalia just powered on to a next level un-seen in our short history.

I find it offensive this man isn't even mentioned officially in Somalia by our Somali government. This shows you why we are 68 IQ. I am no fan of Marehan, don't get me wrong, but I am not a fool either to question this LION either.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am not saying Siyad was good politician, he was shit. He didn't know how to negiotate or ask people for their input, he wasn't good at foreign policy either cause u need to be good at politics to be good foreign policy guy, his approach of my way or the highway cannot be done in global stage it will lead to conflict. But don't question the man as a states-man, a wadani, a man who put his nation well being before politics. That is the part I find ridiculous when people question this. It's not even scientific cause we can break up his 21 years into 4 year blocs and measure it against key metrics such as security, business environment, unemployment levels, health, education, etc. Since other Somali leaders are elected for 4 years, we can take siyad 21 years and break it up into 4 year blocs for accurate assessment.

U will see clearly no-one comes close to siyad barre. No-one even touches him. Not even SYL leaders nor any leader who came after him till today. SYL was good for independence march but should never of formed a government is my opinion, their performance is miserable in comparison to siyad barre.

Siyad was clearly a dictator but that doesn't equal he was a bad leader that didn't take his nation to a next level in comparison to any Somali leader of his time or even till now. This is the part I hate about Somali history, they are trying to black out this guy history and your good DR is rageedi, I acknowledge people achievement when you put it before scientific bench-mark that are UNDISPUTABLE.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Yo @Creed SYL remind of the ANC in South Africa under Mandela, they were good in terms of their 'let's free ourselves from white people' but that doesn't translate to them being good in government. The ANC in South Africa has sent South Africa back 30 years in terms of development, investment, education, health and most importantly security, it's a fuckin zoo there now. SYL was similar, they should never of formed a government and stopped at the independence march stage and handed Somalia over to Somalis.

ANC AND SYL are identical stories, beautiful stories that began the national spark but horrendous government outcomes when they reached power. If SYL was in power till 91, I fear none of our development would've have ever been achieved due to corruption, nepotism, and so forth. They simply were not cut out for government role just like the ANC in South Africa are clearly not cut out either. I really do wonder if SYL was in power, I fear we would be similar to South africa under the ANC sending the nation backwards in development, security, health and education.

I don't think SYL would be any different to leaders we have now who are corrupt, most of our nation would've most likely remained in abject poverty. Somalis are probably not suited for democracy, who knows and prefer a hard man rule, because somalis waste so much time in wada hadal nothing will get done eventually you see the drift as the nation falls behind in all measurable indexes. Never ask a Somali his opinion I GUESS, just rule him by force, cause he will hold u down to nonsense talk for years and back n forth meetings. I see this in Puntland even, non-stop meetings and no ground work. If siyad existed none of that would be happening, he would get the ball rolling and get the job done.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I guess people mix up states-men and politician. States-man has the heart of the nation in his soul like Mandela, that's a states-man. The people love him because they feel the man is genuine. Siyad was exactly the same in my book. He wasn't great politician but he was definitely a states-man.

Abdillahi Yusuf also was a states-man, he took his boys and lives to make Mogadishu great again. You can cry ethiopia all u want, but when u dedicate your own clan life to free another, that guy is a states-man sxb. No other Somali was prepared to do what Abdillahi Did. We wouldn't be here talking about Somali government today. A states-man either is genuine about the development of his nation or sacrifices everything he has for the nation. Those are two qualities of statesmen. Yasser Arafat for example was a states-man, not a politician. He sacrificed his life for his people to be free. Is the PLO states-men, hell no, look at them now.

We should honestly present a fair Somali History to the children not this clan biased shit that has no science backing it.

@DR OSMAN

I dont know much about SYL and their corruption but all those rebels who overthrew Siyad Barre without any plan of ruling the country plunged Somalia towards the chaos we are still in today and destroyed the fabric of the nation. Im sure they all regretted their actions of trying to fill the shoes of a man that was superior, compared to them.
I dont care about the views of ungrateful Somalis but Siyad Barre AUN should get a statue in Gedo.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@DR OSMAN

I dont know much about SYL and their corruption but all those rebels who overthrew Siyad Barre without any plan of ruling the country plunged Somalia towards the chaos we are still in today and destroyed the fabric of the nation. Im sure they all regretted their actions of trying to fill the shoes of a man that was superior, compared to them.
I dont care about the views of ungrateful Somalis but Siyad Barre AUN should get a statue in Gedo.

Somalis love 'wada hadal' and 'meetings' bro, they love to slip in a clan agenda or personal agenda for themselves. I guess Siyad was onto something, there is no need to consult them, it's time wasting. He rolled up his sleeves and got the job done. I don't think democracy is suited for Somalis, if you ask them their opinion, they hold u down to 'babble talk' and 'injecting clan agendas' into national matters.

They seem to lack the ability to know you will be judged on what is left behind not your personal/clan agenda. Their all like this and I am glad siyad didn't give them the time of day to inject their nonsense into his 'nation wide' vision cuz it would've been re-hash of SYL who was doing similar things to what our leaders do now, heaps of wada hadal, heaps of negiotating, all this is codeword for corruption brother. If you have the nation at heart, u will step back and not expose yourself in such a way.

Due to the shortsightedness of the rebels and the diligent planning of our enemies that old Somalia has been lost. However those same issues shouldn't be plaguing us in this day and age. But as many have put it, Somalis are quite difficult to control.

Best thing Somalis ever did was remove this dictator, but they still failed to capture him alive and punish him for his crimes.

Tukraq

VIP
@DR OSMAN

what does he have to do with gedo? lol he's should have his statue in Mogadishu, but this will have to happen far in the future as any statue in bombdishu right now is farfetched and will either be destroyed or looted

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
whatdoes he have to do with gedo? lol he's should have his statue in Mogadishu, but this will have to happen far in the future as any statue in bombdishu right now is farfetched and will either be destroyed or looted
Anyone killed a somali shouldn't have a statue AY or Aidiid. You can compare xawaa takoo to those warlords.
They killed many somalis for their dreams . Somalis is more important than a nation . Anyway they are dead now AUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts