Russia Ready to Sell Arms to Somalia After Sanctions Lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
MOSCOW — Russia is ready to fulfill weapons sales requests from any country including Somalia, once the sanctions imposed on it are lifted, a senior spokesman of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation said Wednesday.
"Russia is ready to satisfy requests for arms deliveries from all countries, including Somalia, should they not be subjected to sanctions," the official told RIA Novosti.

On Tuesday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that Mogadishu would like Moscow's support in developing the Somali economy and strengthening its armed forces. Russia is ready to consider cooperating with Somalia in the military-technical field, according to Lavrov.

The UN Security Council introduced an arms embargo on Somalia in January 1992. The move followed the outbreak of the ongoing Somali Civil War. Today, parts of southern Somalia are controlled by the al-Qaeda affiliated al-Shabaab group, while piracy off the coast of Somalia has been a threat to international shipping since around 2005, with most pirate attacks concentrated in the Gulf of
http://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2016/A...l_arms_to_somalia_after_sanctions_lifted.aspx

This could be a massive game changer in the Somali peninsula.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
In a time which could be a fresh start for our relations with the west, it would be stupid to deal with Russia

Its about national interest. Somalia has to do what it has to do. Whilst theirs tension between the West and Russia, business still flows.
The west has shown their usual hypocrisy in not helping Somalia. Instead of giving you a hand, they give you petty hand outs and aid in exchange for your soul.

Last edited:
Its about national interest. Somalia has to do what it has to do. Whiles theirs tension between the West and Russia, business still follows.
The west has shown their typical hypocrisy in not helping Somalia. Instead of giving you a hand, they give you petty hand outs and aid in exchange for your soul.
Foreign interests in Somalia are quite high, and so are the stakes. I'm just saying we should be careful who we make our deals with, lest the situation gets messy

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Foreign interests in Somalia are quite high, and so are the stakes. I'm just saying we should be careful who we make our deals with, lest the situation gets messy
This is the best time to play all side. Other countries are looking for strategic interests in Somalia, the Somali government can negotiate strong deals for assistance. The West wouldn't want Somalia to align with China or Russia and via versa.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
This is the best time to play all side. Other countries are looking for strategic interests in Somalia, the Somali government can negotiate strong deals for assistance. The West wouldn't want Somalia to align with China or Russia and via versa.

I don't like the west. Tell me what would the west do for Somalia except for exploiting us? I rather we get a strong relationship with China, a country who we could export a lot of food to and in return make money. We could also learn a few things from them regarding it and engineering.

I just hope that if the embargo is lifted the weapon get's into the right hands. I want Kenya, Ethiopia, Al Shabab and Amison out.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Yes. We should play both sides. Very smart. Most of these countries are interested in us because of location next to the red sea. We could give countries like China and America the same deal regarding entering our waters etc. That could keep them at bay,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts