Screenshot_20190708-163134_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB_IMG_1562591433505.jpg

FB_IMG_1562591447097.jpg

FB_IMG_1562591407309.jpg

FB_IMG_1562591424201.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Great job Galdogob. Im proud of you. Leelkase. Darbi Darod cayaar uma bixine. Yes they tend to be anti-mj they're leaders, but they are a gob clan, I don't mind if ppl hate mj lakin haday dhaqanka iyo gobanimada ku shaqayan,wa niin lagu kalsoonan karo inu taliyo. U cant expect to be loved by everyone but u do expect 'neo traditional values' and leelkase is shining example of that.

Remember how the Galkacyo-Garowe road rehabilitation project was halted because the PHA (Puntland Highway Authority) was accused of corruption?
It's back on!

Alhamdulilah

-------------------

Dowladda Puntland ayaa mar kale xaqiijisay in Midowga Yurub uu dib u bilaabi doono dhismaha wadada Garoowe-Gaalkacyo oo bishii September ee sannadkii 2018 la joojiyay kadib markii musuqmaasuq lagu eedeeyay hay’adda waddooyinka Puntland ee PHA.

Af-hayeenka xukuumadda Puntland Jaamac Yuusuf Jaamac (Dabaraani) oo ka warbixinayey kulan shalay dhexmaray madaxweynaha Puntland Siciid Cabdullaahi Deni iyo safiirka Midowga Yurub ee Soomaaliya Nicolás Berlanga Martine ayaa xaqiijiyay in mar kale uu Midowga Yurub ballan-qaaday dib u bilaabidda mashruucii istaagay ee dhismaha wadada Garoowe-Gaalkacyo.

Mashruuca dhismaha wadada Garoowe-Gaalkacyo waxaa la daah-furay 11-Maarso 2015 waxaana xilligaasi la shaaciyay in ay ku baxayso lacag dhan $21 malyan oo Dollar taasi $18 malyan oo kamid ah ay bixinayso Midowga yurub halka $3 malyan ee kalena ay bixinayso dowladda Jarmalka.

https://puntlandpost.net/2019/09/16...aabi-doono-dhismaha-wadada-garoowe-gaalkacyo/

Im sure we will nail it this time, can turkish company manage it over the local ones?

I think the Germans will manage it but yes, I hope the contract goes to the Turks or the Chinese.

Jarmalka waxaa fulinta mashruucan u qaabilsan hay’adda Horumarinta iyo Iskaashiga Caalamiga ah ee GIZ taasi oo mashaariic kalena ka fulisay degaannada Puntland.

I think the Germans will manage it but yes, I hope the contract goes to the Turks or the Chinese.

Jarmalka waxaa fulinta mashruucan u qaabilsan hay’adda Horumarinta iyo Iskaashiga Caalamiga ah ee GIZ taasi oo mashaariic kalena ka fulisay degaannada Puntland.
last time it was a local company that messed up, I hope the donors directly manage it the Germans are fine.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
last time it was a local company that messed up, I hope the donors directly manage it the Germans are fine.

@Finesse

Are the germans managing the project in terms of the time-table and deliverables the governance aspect or the implementation mode? I don't want the implementation mode to be given to any PL company, they buy cheap material and the road is low quality and can't with-stand even 'rain' like what happened to bosaso to garowe road recently after the hard rains came down.

The road is split in half in parts of bosaso to garowe road. Why? look at the material the road is made from, wallahi it's probably low-grade and there is most likely no 'foundation' below it like concrete or steel, waa iska 'caro tuur' it's basically gravel foundation oo asphalt la saaray, unacceptable.

If they won't lay down strong foundation like concrete or steel la gartay, but at least ensure the 'thickness' of asphalt is THICKly coated, so the soft gravel foundation has Thick foundation of asphalt coating ma garatay

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Finesse @GBTarmy

This is the asphalt layers, it needs to have asphalt applied many times on top of each other to create a strong base underneath. Unlike PL where the just lay asphalt on top of the gravel creating no foundation or bases so it becomes damaged later by rains or even traffic. Like the Galkacyo Road by the turks, see how thick the 'asphalt layer' is, that's a good road wallahi.

But notice local road companies in PL do not create that sort of thick layer, it's because they are to cheap to buy asphalt quantity needed for those layers, they prefer to pocket it and give us pathetic job.

Asphalt_Layers_Road_Construction_750x500.jpg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
That is 21 million for 229 km. This comes out to $92,000 per km. This is definitely a serious project if you contract it to a company that has a track record of building roads cheaply, for example, a Chinese company.

This is not enough money if you give the contract to a useless local company. We will see if Deni is able to avoid the mistakes Gaas made.

We really need a large tree planting initiative in Puntland.
It was clearly one of the original areas of Somalis and then everyone moved Southwards, leaving our land with deforestation and bad practises.

Trending