Report: Raptors to blow it up

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Reports say that Toronto has just signed GM Bobby Webster to a long term extension, with a Ujiri signing also in the works.

Post Kawhi, the Raptors have been in no man’s land; neither tanking to get lottery picks nor competing for championships. According to leaked reports, that approach has come to a halt with the futures of the team’s front office secured.

By the trade deadline, Toronto will dramatically overhaul its roster, losing key pieces of its team in trades for first round picks.

1. Raptors to send Chris Boucher and Malachi Flynn, 2021 2nd round pick to Warriors in exchange for Minnesota’s lottery pick in 2021

2. Raptors to send Pascal Siakam to Detroit in exchange for their lottery pick in 2021 and Jerami Grant, who they acquired this off season

3. Raptors to send Jerami Grant and Terence Davis to Wizards in exchange for their 2021 lottery pcik

4. Raptors to send Kyle Lowry, Norman Powell, Deandre Bembry (and picks) to New Orleans in exchange for their 2021 lottery pick

Reports say the team will not be competitive after these moves and will further bolster their chances at selecting 1st overall in the draft. If the rumours are to be believed, this gives Toronto a 64.5% chance of landing the top draft prospect Cade Cunningham, a 6’8” point guard who is an NBA MVP in waiting. They also have a good chance of revamping their front court with those four teams’ lottery picks.

Of course it remains to be seen if those teams are willing to make these trades. They might even ask for Fred or OG, which in my opinion is a deal breaker.

@Zubeirrrrrr What do you think about these rumours?

@Shmurda Your wizards can get Jerami Grant if these reports are to be believed

Last edited:

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
Blow it all up I will miss the OG squad though let's hope this cade guy isn't overrated af :damn:

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Lmao right I was gonna say those trades way too good to be true.

the second one is probably the most realistic but still doesn’t make sense for the other team
Those teams are woefully mismanaged. They can easily be tricked. Also, the Raptors can sweeten those deals and can even include VanVleet

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
81A26A1F-1766-47B2-ABCF-D8002EEA0E95.jpeg

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
@Gucci mane Another dash for lottery picks involves tricking playoff pretenders (Hornets, Suns, Kings etc), into giving up their picks in “win-now” moves and gambling that they don’t make the playoffs so we get their lottery picks. This means many players can be traded to teams fighting for the 8 spot, knowing that not all can make it. While we will lose some of these gambles, we’ll win others, and that guarantees some lottery picks.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Good, this is the raptors I'm familiar with and use to make fun of--good times.
The Raptors haven’t been this bad since 2012. They’re bad when last two digits of year are 1 and 2, in any order. Luckily for us the next time they’ll be this bad is 2112 and 2121.

Trending