Report 1 in 3 somalis have mental illness

What is the mental illness percentage

• Total voters
According to the TheNewHumanitarian
MOGADISHU
Despite high rates of mental illness in Somalia, the country is unable to provide the most basic of care to those in need – many of whom are isolated, chained to hospital beds, or even jailed.
One in three Somalis are affected by some form of mental illness, a far higher rate than the one in five expected among communities living in war zones, according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Somalia has been at war for close to 40 years. It has suffered three famines, waves of displacement, and currently 5.4 million people – more than one third of the population – rely on aid to survive.
Despite these trauma-inducing conditions, Somalia has only five WHO-recognised mental health centres – basic at best – and just three psychiatrists for the entire country.

Honestly I am shocked and surprised I thought it was much higher, that begs the questions since this site is a microcosm of somalia what is the mental illness percentage of this site.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@Afrique :deadpeter::deadpeter:
Screenshot (25).png

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Research says trauma can be passed down from past generations to your children even if they didn't experience war/
Child abuse/sexual assualt.

91431237_710047302867249_8535484169147383808_o.jpg

Its roughly 33% it's a bit high number if you ask me. This means
for every 100 Somali people there's 33 persons with mental issues. Or for every 10 person there will be roughly 3 crazy ones.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
According to the TheNewHumanitarian

Honestly I am shocked and surprised I thought it was much higher, that begs the questions since this site is a microcosm of somalia what is the mental illness percentage of this site.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mental illness is no joke and it's unfortunately something majority of people, especially the older Somali generation don't take seriously enough. The stigma that is attached with seeking help coupled with the belief that a person just needs to be more religious means a person can't get the help they may desperately need. @SOULSEARCHING is absolutely right, an older member of your family's refusal to seek the help they need is something they pass down to their kids unknowingly.

I honestly feel like weekly or at least monthly meetings with psychotherapists should become mandatory for every single person in a civilized society. The benefits simply far outweighs any cons. Knowing your weak points, your temper, the different ways you think, understand, etc is valuable knowledge that seeks to only make you a better healthier person.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
100% who we fooling you tryna tell me that every Somali that you know has never said some retarded mental shyt before come on now :fantasia2:

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Mental illness is no joke and it's unfortunately something majority of people, especially the older Somali generation don't take seriously enough. The stigma that is attached with seeking help coupled with the belief that a person just needs to be more religious means a person can't get the help they may desperately need. @SOULSEARCHING is absolutely right, an older member of your family's refusal to seek the help they need is something they pass down to their kids unknowingly.

I honestly feel like weekly or at least monthly meetings with psychotherapists should become mandatory for every single person in a civilized society. The benefits simply far outweighs any cons. Knowing your weak points, your temper, the different ways you think, understand, etc is valuable knowledge that seeks to only make you a better healthier person.
this clusterfuck<<<<Quraan Saar:dabcasar:

Trending

Latest posts