Rental Properties

How should I start? I currently work a job and I save most of my money. I want to get into real estate soon. Tips? (I’m currently binging podcasts, youtube videos and taking notes). I want to break the 9-5 cycle so I can be free.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Save save & build up your credit score.

Finance a car to proof you could pay something off. In the meantime put away $500/month for 5 years and you'll have enough for a down payment and closing fees.

Less is needed if you buy a fixer upper and you're ready to get your hands dirty fixing it while living there.

Even less is needed if you get a FHA loan. Only 5% or less is needed for a down payment.

Another option is owner financing like lease options and other creative financing methods.

Before all that you still need a ton of cash.

Save save & build up your credit score.

Finance a car to proof you could pay something off. In the meantime put away $500/month for 5 years and you'll have enough for a down payment and closing fees.

Less is needed if you buy a fixer upper and you're ready to get your hands dirty fixing it while living there.

Even less is needed if you get a FHA loan. Only 5% or less is needed for a down payment.

Another option is owner financing like lease options and other creative financing methods.

Before all that you still need a ton of cash.
thanks brodie, I’ve been researching for a little while. hopefully I will get my first property before the end the year. It has good cash flow and it is a duplex, but it needs to be fixed up so the value can go up

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
thanks brodie, I’ve been researching for a little while. hopefully I will get my first property before the end the year. It has good cash flow and it is a duplex, but it needs to be fixed up so the value can go up

If you're already that far ahead then make sure to get pre-approved by a broker who has your back. It'll give you an advantage when competing against "cash buyers" with lower offers.

Also if it's really a great deal then it would've been taken already. If something is too good to be true then it's usually is.. especially duplexes.

Spend a $50 or so and find out if they're any liabilities or liens on the property from a title company.

Save most of your money don’t buy things that will distract you pray and learn more about real estate
well duh, I have almost 10,000 saved up. I
If you're already that far ahead then make sure to get pre-approved by a broker who has your back. It'll give you an advantage when competing against "cash buyers" with lower offers.

Also if it's really a great deal then it would've been taken already. If something is too good to be true then it's usually is.. especially duplexes.

Spend a $50 or so and find out if they're any liabilities or liens on the property from a title company.
yeah i’m planning on doing that. I want to have a lot of rental properties soon. I’ve also started a business. Life is goood. Maybe if I become rich, I can buy my mom and brother a house and nice cars. My future children will eat good 😋

Trending