Reminder of colonialism: Beerta Ayaan Daran. Story of the unfortunate farm in Borama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The story of one unfortunate and sad farm that the British split into two, they kept one side of the farm in Borama, British Somaliland and they transferred the other side of the same farm to Abyssinia which became Ethiopia. The residents of Borama refer to to this farm as: Beerta Ayaan Daran, the unfortunate farm. The border between Ethiopia and Somalia/Somaliland is right in the middle of the farm.

The tree in the farm signifies the official border between Awbare district, Ethiopia and Borama.

CsQ-EwBWEAA46lJ.jpg

^^ The tree is the border between the two countries. Beyond that box tree is Awbare, Teferi Ber, Ethiopia.

Video of this unfortunate farm.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This is news to me.
The story of one unfortunate and sad farm that the British split into two, they kept one side of the farm in Borama, British Somaliland and they transferred the other side of the same farm to Abyssinia which became Ethiopia. The residents of Borama refer to to this farm as: Beerta Ayaan Daran, the unfortunate farm. The border between Ethiopia and Somalia/Somaliland is right in the middle of the farm.

The tree in the farm signifies the official border between Awbare district, Ethiopia and Borama.

CsQ-EwBWEAA46lJ.jpg

^^ The tree is the border between the two countries. Beyond that box tree is Awbare, Teferi Ber, Ethiopia.

Video of this unfortunate farm.

I'll ask my parents about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.