Religious intermarriage

i was speaking to a half Carribean half Sierra Leonean woman from the Midlands but spoke of her religious upbringing as she mentioned her father being muslim and her mother a christian, But what i have noticed when it comes to African muslims especially those in west africa compared to the horn africa is, it is quite common for muslims and christians to intermarry but doesn't it create confusion. One thing i like our people is we don't do this practice this nonsense like you would never hear of a Somali muslim man marry a Tigray christian woman from Eritrea. Imagine having children being confused culturally and religious seeing your dads not drinking alcohol while your mother side of the family drinking alcohol.

giphy.gif

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Good luck trying to explain the Trinity to your future mullato off-spring. And don't delude yourself into thinking "they'll be Somali, because I'm Somali", children typically adopt their mother's beliefs.
In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti, Amen sxb :hemad:

We don't have this issue because Alhamdullilah there is no other religion other than islam in Somalia. Muslim men shouldn't marry a kaffir, because its likely one of you children will be a non muslim and cause a lot of confusion. Just take Maya Jama as an example does anyone want a daughter like her? no.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฏ | ๐’–๐’†๐’„A๐’—๐’ƒ ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ด
VIP
why is that why canโ€™t they marry into the same religon ? is the pus*y that crazy?
Nah they mingle with each other too much there. But see the muslims in the sahel who've maintained Islam for centuries are way more strict

Every "half Muslim, half Christian" person I've met were confused, sad little creatures. They celebrated Easter one week, Eid the next. Always was talking about how much conflict exists in their household because mommy takes them to Chruch on Sunday and the paternal grannies shame their mother for making their grandkids Jesus worshippers.