Reer Puntland: Would you pay a diaspora tax?

How committed are you to PL development? Karbashing other qabils online is one thing, but are you willing to put your money where your mouth is and pay diaspora tax? Eriteria has mandatory diaspora tax.

A diaspora tax could fund infrastructure projects, and pay for security. I would be willing to do it if it’s transparent and audited by independent third party.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
A diaspora tax is already paid in the form of remittances, charity, investment.

Every time an election happens, candidates jostle for diaspora fundraising.

Instead, the PL government should sell bonds to PL diaspora for large-scale projects. That way it’s a win-win.

A diaspora tax is already paid in the form of remittances, charity, investment.

Every time an election happens, candidates jostle for diaspora fundraising.

Instead, the PL government should sell bonds to PL diaspora for large-scale projects. That way it’s a win-win.
Remittance doesn’t provide value to the country/region at large. Half of it is spent on consuming khat so the money doesn’t go far. I like your idea but it’s probably too complicated for Somalia. A tax is much simpler

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Remittance doesn’t provide value to the country/region at large. Half of it is spent on consuming khat so the money doesn’t go far. I like your idea but it’s probably too complicated for Somalia. A tax is much simpler

Bonds are transparent.

For example, for a 40 million dollar airport and the PL government needs 20 million in funding.

They can sell 20,000 bonds at 1,000 each.

Each quarter, the investors will receive their dividends on the project until the money is paid back.

It also prevents predatory contracts for public assets as after the government pays back the investors plus profit, they own the infrastructure outright.

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
If I pay tax for useless Aussie politicians for them go to holiday and do illegal businesses, why not

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
How committed are you to PL development? Karbashing other qabils online is one thing, but are you willing to put your money where your mouth is and pay diaspora tax? Eriteria has mandatory diaspora tax.

A diaspora tax could fund infrastructure projects, and pay for security. I would be willing to do it if it’s transparent and audited by independent third party.
If government make account for us in each xawala, answer is yes. But in return PL should apply what we say.

If government make account for us in each xawala, answer is yes. But in return PL should apply what we say.
Yes, the difficult part is to trust any government in Africa to properly manage funds. Deni’s government is the closest to an accountable, transparent government we’ve had in a long time. The other difficult part is deciding which projects to fund. The criteria should be the money should used to fund major projects that benefit all of the regions.

𐒈𐒈𐒆𐒍

𐒑𐒘𐒌𐒚𐒘𐒇𐒂𐒇𐒒𐒇𐒀
I used to pay monthly 2-300 $ to Wadaagsiin Community organization while abroad but pay less now since pay is lower at home. At first couldn't tell if the contribution made any difference but now years later its very visible like Garacad Port, Defence Forces, Solar streetlights, Ceels and off Cawale stadium👍🏾

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Every year I give back to my imdiate family reer gulled more than $10k... Now am planning to invest on livestock, farms and seafood.....

Trending