Reer Minnesota come in.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
There are few of us from MN in here.

What's your favorite thing about MN and least favorite thing?

Mine is I love the fact that Somalis are successful in Mn, we literally built our businesses from ground up. I can go to any professional setting see atleast 2 or 1 Somali in there.

My least favorite thing is as a woman in MN, you literally can't have your own style, xalimos and even beckys will compliment you and then ask you where you get your clothes from, next thing you know they bought the same thing.

@NotMyL @kickz @Basra @SilverL @ZakWantsToPlay and the honorary Minnesotan @Grigori Rasputin

Mine is I love the fact that Somalis are successful in Mn, we literally built our businesses from ground up. I can go to any professional setting see atleast 2 or 1 Somali in there.

My least favorite thing is as a woman in MN, you literally can't have your own style, xalimos and even beckys will compliment you and then ask you where you get your clothes from, next thing you know they bought the same thing.

@NotMyL @kickz @Basra @ZakWantsToPlay and the honorary Minnesotan @Grigori Rasputin

You guys are lucky to live in a place where there are many successful Somalis.

@NotMyL @kickz @Basra @ZakWantsToPlay and the honorary Minnesotan @Grigori Rasputin
I went in 2017. I remember this one restaurant named quruxlow in minneapolis. Delicious Wallahi:banderas:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Positives about MN

- Mall of America! The happiest place on earth. I have to go there 2 a month at least.

- Best Public library downtown.

-- Somali Malls & Restaurants. I can get xalwo, sambuusa, and everything at a whim. I have families in other states who will kill to have the privilege to go somali place and eat quality xalwo or food
- Best public transport, Light rail/train and buses are the best

- Jobs
- Really amazing success story. Somalis Mashalaah are doing great.

Negatives

- Too many Somalis. When u drive on the road in south Minneapolis, red lights stop, on the left car Somali-- the right--- Somali -- in front of u -- Somali - BACK OF YOU via the rear mirror a somali Eedo fixing her teeth with a tooth pick--- suddenly u have an urge to cry

- Bad drivers during Snow.

My favorite thing is the Somali malls and restaurants and the people are generally nice.
My least favorite thing is the weather. I legit hate the winter season in Minnesota. I am not built for the winter, since I always get sick and I have this never ending cough during this season. Not to mention the roads during winter and then the construction of the roads after winter. :mjcry:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
I love everything about MN except driving in snow, terrible drivers, I swear people forget how to drive once they see snow.

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Positives about MN

- Mall of America! The happiest place on earth. I have to go there 2 a month at least.

- Best Public library downtown.

-- Somali Malls & Restaurants. I can get xalwo, sambuusa, and everything at a whim. I have families in other states who will kill to have the privilege to go somali place and eat quality xalwo or food
- Best public transport, Light rail/train and buses are the best

- Jobs
- Really amazing success story. Somalis Mashalaah are doing great.

Negatives

- Too many Somalis. When u drive on the road in south Minneapolis, red lights stop, on the left car Somali-- the right--- Somali -- in front of u -- Somali - BACK OF YOU via the rear mirror a somali Eedo fixing her teeth with a tooth pick--- suddenly u have an urge to cry

- Bad drivers during Snow.
Have they tried to shunkasi you during a red light? Smh.. It's so embarassing to hear abaayo iso firii nooh.

what i like about MN: somewhat safe and quiet

what i hate about MN: shitty weather. i literally was standing outside for an hour in the cold because my bus had some problems. Also the druggies with their disgusting stench that gives me headaches

Gibiin-Udug

I wonder if you guys bump into eachother without knowing
I've definitely ran into @Starscream he looks like a bum, I usually hold my purse tight when he walks by reeking of weed. He usually stands in front of Somali restaurants, trying to pick up girls. He drives a used 2004 Nissan.

Trending

Latest posts