Reactions to Arms Embargo lifting from Somaliland and Puntland

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
is the Abgaal president behind this? He purposesly wants instability in Somaliland and Puntland- to make South Somalia powerful? Divide and conquer? Let me guess- his recent trip to arab countries gave him this idea? If i were the Isaaqs and the Daroods in Puntland--i would join together and march to xamar and take over.

is the Abgaal president behind this? He purposesly wants instability in Somaliland and Puntland- to make South Somalia powerful? Divide and conquer? Let me guess- his recent trip to arab countries gave him this idea? If i were the Isaaqs and the Daroods in Puntland--i would join together and march to xamar and take over.
5560.jpg

Looks like they aren't happy about it. Both seem worried that it would fall into the wrong hands:

Tbh Everyone is tired of Somaliland and Puntland Nonesense even the international community no one cares about them they can calaacal as much as they want Somalia will move forward No more wasting time with spoilers.

Tbh Everyone is tired of Somaliland and Puntland Nonesense even the international community no one cares about them they can calaacal as much as they want Somalia will move forward No more wasting time with spoilers.
Doesn't take a genius to realize the weapons will fall into the hands of clan militias and AS.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am afraid Somaliland would be tempted to go after Laasanood.

Doesn't take a genius to realize the weapons will fall into the hands of clan militias and AS.
That's what they've been saying for the past decade when ever the topic of lifting Arms embargo comes on both Somaliland and Puntland Don't want strong central government they want Somalia to stay weak but I'm glad that came to an end.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Everyone fears centralization. It's the looming specter in politics and every FMS fears the idea of a powerful central government that can force them to bow. The first of establishing that is by having a monopoly on violence and the means of violence. Thus the arms embargo being lifted is a terrifying prospect.

Everyone fears centralization. It's the looming specter in politics and every FMS fears the idea of a powerful central government that can force them to bow. The first of establishing that is by having a monopoly on violence and the means of violence. Thus the arms embargo being lifted is a terrifying prospect.
Centralization is a legitimate fear though. Americas federal system is nice because power is balanced between the federal gov’t and the states

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Centralization is a legitimate fear though. Americas federal system is nice because power is balanced between the federal gov’t and the states

Yes. But America centralization came a long way. It had to go through Europe's savagery and perfected in America. Africans are not good in governing.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I don't believe we'll ever have centralization ever again after the Barre regime. However I think a lot of the blow back from the lifting of the embargo can be traced back to this shared fear of a centralized government. A lot of these men have known nothing other than a weak national government, steps towards strengthening the national government is daunting.

Personally I'd prefer a set of checks and balances between the federal states and the federal government. Like the US, large legislation made by the government but state have control of the day to day running of their area. As long as we have a strong national army and opportunities are being developed for people I'll be happy.

Yes. But America centralization came a long way. It had to go through Europe's savagery and perfected in America. Africans are not good in governing.
Yea this is true, but these African leaders have examples they can learn from so they should be able to avoid some of America’s failures

Inshallah the FGS and the FMS will find a compromise that makes the country strong

I don't believe we'll ever have centralization ever again after the Barre regime. However I think a lot of the blow back from the lifting of the embargo can be traced back to this shared fear of a centralized government. A lot of these men have known nothing other than a weak national government, steps towards strengthening the national government is daunting.

Personally I'd prefer a set of checks and balances between the federal states and the federal government. Like the US, large legislation made by the government but state have control of the day to day running of their area. As long as we have a strong national army and opportunities are being developed for people I'll be happy.
Couldn’t have said it better. Inshallah once the national IDs get rolled out across the country, people can get registered to vote.

1m1v, checks and balances at the federal/state level, and strong gov’t institutions can really unite the country and remove a lot of the distrust imo

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Couldn’t have said it better. Inshallah once the national IDs get rolled out across the country, people can get registered to vote.

1m1v, checks and balances at the federal/state level, and strong gov’t institutions can really unite the country and remove a lot of the distrust imo
100%

1m1v and the finishing of a constitution along with the establishment of political parties can help us finally move to the next stage. This is not to say things will fix themselves, we need to invest heavily in education, health and infrastructure. We have one of the youngest population and if we were able to curb infant mortality and provide job opportunities I think we'll be well on our way to being a more stable nation.

Think about it, a Somalia that has a generation of youth going into manufacturing, agriculture and STEM fields. That along with our coastline would mean we'd be a exporting powerhouse. But all of these are pipe dreams, we have to take the small steps to get there inshallah.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Yea this is true, but these African leaders have examples they can learn from so they should be able to avoid some of America’s failures

Inshallah the FGS and the FMS will find a compromise that makes the country strong

Yes. Very much. Even China is benefiting from learning from USA_ although they came up with something that suits their race- Communicism slash dictatorship

Africa need to benefit and coming up with their own system to suit them. I guess- Communism slash religious with a tinge of dictatorship

NidarNidar

모Resident Netrunner모
VIP
It's not that we're not good at governing, we just don't like sharing power, the Somali identity is based on independence and freedom.

How much of our history would have changed if the proposed capital went on to become Harar and the Somali region in Ethiopia was incorporated.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
It's not that we're not good at governing, we just don't like sharing power, the Somali identity is based on independence and freedom.

How much of our history would have changed if the proposed capital went on to become Harar and the Somali region in Ethiopia was incorporated.

Bingo! So going from there- the realization that Somali identity is based on the love of independence and freedom- not to mention the culture of every Somali is King in his own head.

So where do u go from there? Either submit to secularism. or limit yourself to clan savage rule.

NidarNidar

모Resident Netrunner모
VIP
Bingo! So going from there- the realization that Somali identity is based on the love of independence and freedom- not to mention the culture of every Somali is King in his own head.

So where do u go from there? Either submit to secularism. or limit yourself to clan savage rule.
That's why you need to incentivise national pride, for that, you need a strong economy, and a fair and just system that nurtures talent within the federal government, eventually, the clan system will be a legacy system that helped stabilise the foundation of the country.

We need strong leaders, sadly I don't see any atm, anyone who tries to make changes is either killed or pushed aside due to clan squabbles, I don't see anything changing unless something like Ethiopia invades us.

Trending