Ramadan Festival in Muqdisho (1939) [Colorized]

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Love the vibes, but why the hell are their Indians :faysalwtf:

Love the vibes, but why the hell are there Indians :faysalwtf:

Xamar has always been one of the most prominent cities on the eastern coast of Africa, and it's been a trading hub along on the indian ocean for centuries. It's not suprising to see different groups there.

Also, it was before modern "unaka leh" Somalis came around.

"Arab traveller Ibn Battuta recorded the presence of Indian traders in the Horn of Africa as far back as 1331. Battuta wrote that the traders lived with their families in one or two storey buildings. By the 19th centuries, Indian traders in Somalia began exporting export livestock, meat, skins and agricultural products from southern Somalia."

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
:dead:some body get a brother a time machine
1611372457584.png

Nafiso Qalanjo

Xamar has always been one of the most prominent cities on the eastern coast of Africa, and it's been a trading hub along on the indian ocean for centuries. It's not suprising to see different groups there.

Also, it was before modern "unaka leh" Somalis came around.
There were no Indians living in Xamar through 1960-till today. So that threw me off. Also xamar may have been a port city but it was always governed by Somalis, so the ''unaka leh'' didnt just come out of know where.

There were no Indians living in Xamar through 1960-till today. So that threw me off. Also xamar may have been a port city but it was always governed by Somalis. ''unaka leh'' didnt just come out of know where.

There were Indians in Muqdisho up until the 1991 war. My father knew some, they had their own xaafad in xamar.

Nafiso Qalanjo

There were Indians in Muqdisho up until the 1991 war. My father knew some, they had their own xaafad in xamar.
I know that some shanshis are indian/arab mix but I never heard of a full fledged Indian qabil living on Somali soil. Your dad could be confusing reer Xamars as Indians :mjdontkno:

I know that some shanshis are indian/arab mix but I never heard of a full fledged Indian qabil living on Somali soil. Your dad could be confusing reer Xamars as Indians :mjdontkno:

I'm not talking about qabiils. You're assuming that if they're not in a qabiil, they don't exist in Somalia. Hundreds of families live in Merca, Muqdisho and other southern cities until 1991. When the war occurred there properties were seized by militas and all their assets were confiscated and they fled.

I remember watching a video about it, but I forgot the title.

Also, by "unaka leh" I meant Somalis that get offended by seeing other ethnicities in Somalia.

Fake news! Lol that’s definitely not Somalia. I think it’s few different clips edited together. Only one I think it’s Somalia is at .27 seconds. Everything else is Indians and some other Africans and maybe little Arab thrown together lol

It's not "fake news"
It's from a British program and they have many other videos on Somalia like when the Somalis kicked the British out ()

or the Somaliland camel army ()

Nafiso Qalanjo

Interesting. I've never heard of about them till now. I wonder if they had their own language? Separate from Somali, and hindu. Kinda like how reer Barawa do? :stressed:

reer

VIP
there were always indians living in eastern african coastal cities. xamar kismayo mombasa mozambique tanzania plus south afrca

Trending