Quran alone Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The Quran commands that we follow the Prophets Sunnah in many ayats so this is an invalid premise to take.

The Quran commands that we follow the Prophets Sunnah in many ayats so this is an invalid premise to take.

They say that since the Quran says it's complete that they don't hace to foll8w the sunnah. They also say that hadith weren't collected and put into books until many, many years after the prophet Muhammad pbuhs death.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
They say that since the Quran says it's complete that they don't hace to foll8w the sunnah. They also say that hadith weren't collected and put into books until many, many years after the prophet Muhammad pbuhs death.

This goes for the Quran as well though, it was not collected in book form until after Prophets passing, until then it was all written on pieces of parchment, animal skins and sat in his office in Makkah.

The Quran is a complete guidance, but it has no rules set for stuff like prayer, etc. The everyday logistics of the deen come through the Sunnah.

Zailah

Exam season guys !

That’s a bit like not listening to John, Luke, Micheal and them other guys who wrote the Gospel about prophet Esa (AS) centuries after his death :farmajoyaab:

The Quranists are a reaction to the extremism of some who follow hadith.
Because most of the ignorance, violence, and intolerance in the world comes from people citing some hadith or other. So Muslims who want to maintain the rational and humane nature of Islam sometimes go down that route of throwing out all hadiths. But I think you need hadith. They help to elaborate things in the Quran. But you need to treat them critically because they're not divine.

They were compiled over two hundred years after the death of the Messenger without his permission or oversight. Many hadiths in Bukhari and other so-called sahih collections are forgeries that contradict each other and the Quran. Even Bukhari rejected 90% of the hadiths he came across. That's not a high success rate for the trustworthiness of hadiths. Numerous books, scholars, and websites have exposed their errors. Just Google Hadith Criticism.

The only hadiths that are valid are those that confirm what is in the Quran. If they go against Allah's revelation, or facts of science, or our God given reason, they are fraudulent and should be discarded as such.

See Mohammed Amin's articles on the contradictions of Bukhari and Muslim below. They can't even agree on how old the prophet was when he died or received revelation:

http://www.mohammedamin.com/Community_issues/How-reliable-are-hadith.html

This goes for the Quran as well though, it was not collected in book form until after Prophets passing, until then it was all written on pieces of parchment, animal skins and sat in his office in Makkah.

The Quran is a complete guidance, but it has no rules set for stuff like prayer, etc. The everyday logistics of the deen come through the Sunnah.
The difference is Allah swt protects the Quran from corruption. Quran shouldn't be compared to hadith.

Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian. 15:9

The Quranists are a reaction to the extremism of some who follow hadith.
Because most of the ignorance, violence, and intolerance in the world comes from people citing some hadith or other. So Muslims who want to maintain the rational and humane nature of Islam sometimes go down that route of throwing out all hadiths. But I think you need hadith. They help to elaborate things in the Quran. But you need to treat them critically because they're not divine.

They were compiled over two hundred years after the death of the Messenger without his permission or oversight. Many hadiths in Bukhari and other so-called sahih collections are forgeries that contradict each other and the Quran. Even Bukhari rejected 90% of the hadiths he came across. That's not a high success rate for the trustworthiness of hadiths. Numerous books, scholars, and websites have exposed their errors. Just Google Hadith Criticism.

The only hadiths that are valid are those that confirm what is in the Quran. If they go against Allah's revelation, or facts of science, or our God given reason, they are fraudulent and should be discarded as such.

See Mohammed Amin's articles on the contradictions of Bukhari and Muslim below. They can't even agree on how old the prophet was when he died or received revelation:

http://www.mohammedamin.com/Community_issues/How-reliable-are-hadith.html

True. I don't agree with most Quranists, they're usually weirdos hired by gaalo to distort Islam. At the same time hadith is not the same as the Quran which is divine. The imams who compiled the hadith books tossed thousands they didn't agree with out.

I support it because you don't have to pray five times. It doesn't say that anywhere :siilaanyolaugh:
The 5 prayer times are mentioned in the Quran. Besides most muslims don't learn how to pray through hadith, they are taught how to by someone else. All sects of muslims agree on the 5 daily prayers and muslims have been doing it since the prophet sws time, it was a tradition passed down through people.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
You guys should look up the strongest arguments for Quranism. I personally think there's a strong theological case behind it.

True. I don't agree with most Quranists, they're usually weirdos hired by gaalo to distort Islam. At the same time hadith is not the same as the Quran which is divine. The imams who compiled the hadith books tossed thousands they didn't agree with out.
Some theologians look at only at the narrators (isnad), but the content (matn) is just as important. If the content is illogical, it is forged hadith. For example, there is a hadith in Bukhari which says the sun bows down at the throne of Allah when it sets. This is unscientific. The sun does not set. Bukhari did not know this at the time. People thought the sun rises in the east and sets in the west because that is how it appears to the naked eye. It's a fake hadith. Another hadith says that if you eat Ajwa dates (these are dates grown in Medina) you will be unharmed by poison. This can be put to the test: eat Ajwa dates, drink a container of bleach or cyanide, and tell us how you get on. It's another unscientific hadith whose efficacy nobody will ever volunteer to demonstrate for obvious reasons.

A third hadith says if you consume honey twice a month, it will save you from major calamities. This can be disproven: eat honey twice a month and jump off a bridge to see if you're saved from calamity. There are many absurd hadiths like this. Just Google Errors In Hadiths.

Here's what Ibn Khaldun said:

"I do not believe any hadith or report of a companion of the prophet to be true which differs from the common sense meaning of the Quran, no matter how trustworthy the narrators may have been. It is not impossible that a narrator appears to be trustworthy though he may be moved by ulterior motive. If hadiths were criticized for their textual contents as they were for the narrators who transmitted them, a great number would have been rejected"

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
The 5 prayer times are mentioned in the Quran. Besides most muslims don't learn how to pray through hadith, they are taught how to by someone else. All sects of muslims agree on the 5 daily prayers and muslims have been doing it since the prophet sws time, it was a tradition passed down through people.
I'm trying to diminish Islam however I can, including misleading people about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending