Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When somali people marry out what happens to the kids most of the time ? Do they try to get in the Somali community or do they marry ajnabi ?

From the people I know the kids dont learn somali or get involved in the somali community. Somalis who marry out usually adapt to the spouse culture. Again just from my experience

From the people I know the kids dont learn somali or get involved in the somali community. Somalis who marry out usually adapt to the spouse culture. Again just from my experience
Yeah I know my moms friend has a half black daughter and was mad when she was getting married to a white guy. She wanted her to marry a Somali but it’s like wtf you didn’t why would she

It all depends how the parents raise them but I gotta be honest most of the time those with Somali mothers seem to be more aware of their Somali part and try to socialize and marry other Somalis than those with Somali fathers.

My husband(SOMALI) married me and he's still true to who he us.

True...but we are talking about the kids. Will they learn somali or spanish?
Kids will know what the parents decide to bring them up on. My husband has stated many times our kids will definitely learn how to speak somali, along with everything else.

Kids will know what the parents decide to bring them up on. My husband has stated many times our kids will definitely learn how to speak somali, along with everything else.
Thats good to hear. I think if you are mixed you should learn both your parents culture and language so you can connect with people and family from both side. You cant have connection with people if you dont speak their language

Thats good to hear. I think if you are mixed you should learn both your parents culture and language so you can connect with people and family from both side. You cant have connection with people if you dont speak their language
I definitely would want my kids to learn their fathers mother tongue and embrace his culture too. But also learn about my side too. Neither of us have family living in Europe so it's on us to teach them as much as we know.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
When somali people marry out what happens to the kids most of the time ? Do they try to get in the Somali community or do they marry ajnabi ?
From what I've seen, when a Somali woman marries out the kids automatically are in touch with the culture, they know how to speak Somali, love Somali food, go to Somali events and eventually marry Somali spouses. But when it comes to Somali men marrying out, the kids are not connected with the culture. They find it hard to assimilate with in the culture and I'm guessing is due to the fact they've non-Somali mothers.

Mothers in general are a great influence in the kids lives, if they're Somali the kids will gravitate towards Somalis, same with the Ajnabi mothers their kids will know more about her culture than their dad's.

SS3

Salaam
From what I've seen, when a Somali woman marries out the kids automatically are in touch with the culture, they know how to speak Somali, love Somali food, go to Somali events and eventually marry Somali spouses. But when it comes to Somali men marrying out, the kids are not connected with the culture. They find it hard to assimilate with in the culture and I'm guessing is due to the fact they've non-Somali mothers.

Mothers in general are a great influence in the kids lives, if they're Somali the kids will gravitate towards Somalis, same with the Ajnabi mothers their kids will know more about her culture than their dad's.
Not really, my mother is Amhara and I've been raised with Somali culture.

I grew up with Somalis and speak Somali so not completely true.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Yeah I know my moms friend has a half black daughter and was mad when she was getting married to a white guy. She wanted her to marry a Somali but it’s like wtf you didn’t why would she
I'm always so grateful for that we don't need half somalis coming into our gene pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending