Question for the irreligious; does the idea of death bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it bothers me to some extent, like everyone else. But i don't go around fearing hell if that's what you're asking. to me, death is a mystery (agnostic) that i can't wait to solve.

What makes sense for me is comparing death to what happened before I was alive.

This means that there was nothing before I was alive and I’m pretty sure that’s going to be the same experince when I die.

Sometimes I get scared of death but being alive is worth the price of dying. This makes life more valuable for me.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
it bothers me to some extent, like everyone else. But i don't go around fearing hell if that's what you're asking. to me, death is a mystery (agnostic) that i can't wait to solve.
Masha Allah I’m glad you’re agnostic I pray in sha Allah more somalilanders become agnostic :chrisfreshhah::russ::lolbron:

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Masha Allah I’m glad you’re agnostic I pray in sha Allah more somalilanders become agnostic :chrisfreshhah::russ::lolbron:
Thats Xaraam wtf. Ilahay ka baq.
What makes sense for me is comparing death to what happened before I was alive.

This means that there was nothing before I was alive and I’m pretty sure that’s going to be the same experince when I die.

Sometimes I get scared of death but being alive is worth the price of dying. This makes life more valuable for me.
If you believed in allah whats the worst that could happen?

Thats Xaraam wtf. Ilahay ka baq.

If you believed in allah whats the worst that could happen?

If you believe in Allah that means you have to take his threats seriously or you’re just stupid. This means praying fasting going to haj, there are even instructions on how to drink water.

I would be essentially giving up my ability to make my own choices in life for something there isn’t a lot of proof of.

Also, what if I take this risk then I find out Buddhism or Christianity is the right religion- what then?

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Good question OP

Inshallah they see the correct path again, we can only make du’a for our brothers and sisters. :)

Does dying ever occupy your thoughts? Is it rarely ever on your mind? Are you meh about it all, or does it terrify you?

Mua

Death nope, I became an organ donor upon my death and after that, I donated my carcass for medical research. My only worry was becoming ill with a long illness and a painful undignified death. The good news is Australia (my home State of Victoria) recently passed euthanasia Laws.

Mua

Death nope, I became an organ donor upon my death and after that, I donated my carcass for medical research. My only worry was becoming ill with a long illness and a painful undignified death. The good news is Australia (my home State of Victoria) recently passed euthanasia Laws.

:russ: My broda you can donate your whole body piece by piece, but you will still experience the punishment of God in the hereafter

:russ: My broda you can donate your whole body piece by piece, but you will still experience the punishment of God in the hereafter

Habib

Which God? The Muslim, Christian, Jiduaism, Hindus, Buddhism, Zoaritisan, Sikh, Aboriginal People’s God and so on and so forth. Too many differing and contradictory stories about what happens in the so called “hereafter”. You are worried about God the punisher, but I consider him to be a non-existent entity.

Let me ask you a question. Given that you are right, do you really think Allah will allow Somalis in “heaven”? What will they do when another clan are a majority there and most of his tribal brethren are in “hell”? Will he accept it or start a clan war and fight for supremacy?

If you believe in Allah that means you have to take his threats seriously or you’re just stupid. This means praying fasting going to haj, there are even instructions on how to drink water.

I would be essentially giving up my ability to make my own choices in life for something there isn’t a lot of proof of.

Also, what if I take this risk then I find out Buddhism or Christianity is the right religion- what then?
Islam is the continuation of christianty and Buddhism says you're incarnated so your best bet is Islam

Habib

Which God? The Muslim, Christian, Jiduaism, Hindus, Buddhism, Zoaritisan, Sikh, Aboriginal People’s God and so on and so forth. Too many differing and contradictory stories about what happens in the so called “hereafter”. You are worried about God the punisher, but I consider him to be a non-existent entity.

Let me ask you a question. Given that you are right, do you really think Allah will allow Somalis in “heaven”? What will they do when another clan are a majority there and most of his tribal brethren are in “hell”? Will he accept it or start a clan war and fight for supremacy?

What kind of stupid question is that "will somalis be allowed in heaven"

Every soul shall be fully paid what it has earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly?” (Quran, 3:25)

Jubair ibn Mut’im reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ دَعَا إِلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ وَلَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ قَاتَلَ عَلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ وَلَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ مَاتَ عَلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ

He is not one of us who calls to tribalism. He is not one of us who fights for the sake of tribalism. He is not one of us who dies following the way of tribalism

What kind of stupid question is that "will somalis be allowed in heaven"

Every soul shall be fully paid what it has earned, and they shall not be dealt with unjustly?” (Quran, 3:25)

Jubair ibn Mut’im reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

لَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ دَعَا إِلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ وَلَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ قَاتَلَ عَلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ وَلَيْسَ مِنَّا مَنْ مَاتَ عَلَى عَصَبِيَّةٍ

He is not one of us who calls to tribalism. He is not one of us who fights for the sake of tribalism. He is not one of us who dies following the way of tribalism

Habib

Is that so? Cool. Let us be mates and don’t forget to put a good word about me to allah if you are “granted jannah”.
I will also talk to my mates from other religions to do the same for me. If I get there through them, I will sponsor you. How about that for a deal?

Habib

Is that so? Cool. Let us be mates and don’t forget to put a good word about me to allah if you are “granted jannah”.
I will also talk to my mates from other religions to do the same for me. If I get there through them, I will sponsor you. How about that for a deal?
How can you sponsor him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts