You go back in time and you accidentally kill your grandpa. What happens?

Supposing that humanity survives over the next 500 years and technology continues to be developed at the same pace- do we really know what technology will be capable of?

I don't believe we can really say where it will reach. People in 1520's would not have been able to predict our current state in terms of technology.

Our knowledge and ability to predict possibilities based on our current science is matchless. We wouldn't be comparable to others in the 1500s by future generations. With that said, we have big mysteries today. The more scientific knowledge and discoveries, the closer to the realization we only scratched the surface of reality.

What makes Allah amazing is the ultimate knowledge of things he holds.

We are not special. I think people of every era see themselves in such a way and it is only an illusion.

By far, we live in the most scientifically advanced era in human history and our knowledge expanded. Whatever knowledge future generations gain will be an add on and not a total suprise. For now, the biggest and deepest mysteries lie in Physics:

- Dark energy: the proposed counter power of Gravity. It is accepted as "Cosmological constant". Still a mystery. So gaining more knowledge on this will fall to the future.

- Dark matter: This the 84% material in the universe that neither obsorbs light nor emitts light. The evidence for the presence of dark matter is inferred and can not be seen directly or detected. Detectors set up around the world came up with nothing. Dark matter is inferred from its gravitational effect on the visible matter. This area will be what the future scientists need to expand on.

- Entropy and the Arrow of time: Time moves only forward and can not be reversed once it happened(started). The question in this area is about Entropy which is defined as level of disorder. It was less in the beginning compared to now. Why?

- Why is there more matter than Antimatter?

- What is the fate of the universe scientifically speaking? (
As muslims, we know the answer, but science is searching a definitive materialistic answer for the question). There are predictions of our bigest star in our galaxy dying aka the sun. But a more elaborate answer will fall to the future.

- Are there parallel universes? Needs more proof although in the Quran, There are seven heavens and seven earths mentioned. Would be interesting if in the future humans can find proof of other earths like ours as the Quran hints to. I don't expect humans will find answers to this before their demise and doomsday comes. But it is worth a try.

These are some of the mysteries our current generation is grappling with. If in the future answers are found, then us living now have laid the foundations and the answers wouldn't be so shocking I think. It would be a matter of connecting the dots.

Last edited:

Trending