You go back in time and you accidentally kill your grandpa. What happens?

I have a question.

You go back in time and you accidentally kill your grandpa. What happens?

I believe that you actually cannot kill them and they will be immortal if you attempt it but someone else can do it and you will cease to exist as well

In order to kill your grandpa you need to go back in time (I’m assuming he’s dead)

well okay but suppose

you travel back in time
you accidentally kill your granpda

how are you born in the first place? Wouldn't you have to have been born in order to go back in time and do it? how can you time travel and accidentally kill your grandpa if your grandpa was killed and you were never born?

Qali

Certified Pimp.
well okay but suppose

you travel back in time
you accidentally kill your granpda

how are you born in the first place? Wouldn't you have to have been born in order to go back in time and do it? how can you time travel and accidentally kill your grandpa if your grandpa was killed and you were never born?
Madaxay uu waraaro macasalamah :drakekidding:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Then it will create a different dimension. This one you exist but not in the other one

The grandfather paradox can be solved by the multiverse theory.
Spontaneous splitting from the main timeline like a saw tooth gap looks promising.

Rooble44

Bishop of the order of Gacanta Furan ✋
This reversing in the flow of time, doesn't us being here now mean it never happened?

Time reversal is not scientifically possible and the theories support only travel into the future.

I think time travel is real and is possible but I don't think we really truly know if time travel is or isn't possible.

I'm sure if we were living in the 1400's and some genius predicted the internet we'd probably think he was crazy. I think I'd probably perceive him as some sort of dangerous lunatic and help stir up an angry mob against him.

I am honestly very Luddite in my thinking. But technology has humanity in the chains of technological enslavement and rebelling against the technological domination of humanity seems unfeasible and impractical. If there is anything I learned from Civilization on the XBox 360 it is that the more technological army tends to win. The less technological army seems more fully human, though. Tech seems to detach us from our natural humanity. Look at the horrors of SSpot posters, for example.

41KlLfS09cL._SX291_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

but how will you have come into existence in the first place?

If you went ‘back’ in time, it means time have already gone forward, leading to your existence. So if you go back in time and kill your grans, time will go forward again, but this time, without you being born.

I think time travel is real and is possible but I don't think we really truly know if time travel is or isn't possible.

I'm sure if we were living in the 1400's and some genius predicted the internet we'd probably think he was crazy. I think I'd probably perceive him as some sort of dangerous lunatic and help stir up an angry mob against him.

I am honestly very Luddite in my thinking. But technology has humanity in the chains of technological enslavement and rebelling against the technological domination of humanity seems unfeasible and impractical. If there is anything I learned from Civilization on the XBox 360 it is that the more technological army tends to win. The less technological army seems more fully human, though. Tech seems to detach us from our natural humanity. Look at the horrors of SSpot posters, for example.

41KlLfS09cL._SX291_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

You make valid points on time travel and wonders of technology. With that said, when people say time travel is impossible, they are factoring in several issues that even with a technology advanced enough to time travel with at hand, a human being can not survive the journey. This is based on the current theory of relativity that has objects at the speed of light have an infinite mass and zero length. This means you would shrink to a zero size and weigh tons in infinite. Given a human body's biological limitations, this physics fact is checked as one of the reasons time travel would be impossible. Another factor is time itself which is relative. It also has a direction of forward only. So travel to the future relative to earth is possible. You can travel to a close galaxy now and return later when centuries have passed on earth and people died for generations while you are relatively young because of your time in space travel that slowed your biological clock. When you return from the trip, you came back from the past but experience the future relative to the earthlings. You are both a man from the past because you left centuries ago(earth-time), also a man who himself sees what the future now looks relative to his past. This is confusing.

Last edited:

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
Impossible.

Just Sci-Fi nonsense.

Have you seen someone download the conscious into a computer to?

You make valid points on time travel and wonders of technology. With that said, when people say time travel is impossible, they are factoring in several issues that even with a technology advanced enough to time travel with at hand, a human being can not survive the journey. This is based on the current theory of relativity that has objects at the speed of light have an infinite mass and zero length. This means you would shrink to a zero size and weigh tons in infinite. Given a human body's biological limitations, this physics fact is checked as one of the reasons time travel would be impossible. Another factor is time itself which is relative. It also has a direction of forward only. So travel to the future relative to earth is possible. You can travel to a close galaxy now and return later when centuries have passed on earth and people died for generations while you are relatively young because of your time in space travel that slowed your biological clock. When you return from the trip, you came back from the past but experience the future relative to the earthlings. You are both a man from the past because you left centuries ago(earth-time), also a man who himself sees what the future now looks relative to his past. This is confusing.

Supposing that humanity survives over the next 500 years and technology continues to be developed at the same pace- do we really know what technology will be capable of?

I don't believe we can really say where it will reach. People in 1520's would not have been able to predict our current state in terms of technology.