Quebec passes bill banning niqab, burka while receiving public services

Not shocked, this is Quebec :manny:
So much for their "liberal" values, they won't even allow people to excercise their right to follow their religion.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Not shocked, this is Quebec :manny:
So much for their "liberal" values, they won't even allow people to excercise their right to follow their religion.
This is about maintaining a secular government, at least as they claim. They’re saying you can have any religion but the government must remain irreligious at all costs. It’s largely meant to irk Muslims but they also have a bad history with the Catholic Church.

Quebecers are the only smart Canadians. Their Liberals are also way smarter than our Liberals.

They need to bring the federal Liberals back to the centre. Trudeau has totally transformed it into a SJW feminist club that love high taxes.

This is about maintaining a secular government, at least as they claim. They’re saying you can have any religion but the government must remain irreligious at all costs. It’s largely meant to irk Muslims but they also have a bad history with the Catholic Church.
I get that, but this is going too far imo. I think it should only be an issue when taking pictures for ID and taking the citizenship oath.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I get that, but this is going too far imo. I think it should only be an issue when taking pictures for ID and taking the citizenship oath.
Have you been to Quebec? They’re generally shitty and cranky people lol. If they want to reduce the impact of religion, this has the opposite effect because people don’t like being told what to do. So stupid.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Won't hold up in the supreme court
Agreed. Giving a drivers license to a person wearing a niqab is NOT establishing a religion. The government is not promoting the niqab in anyway by giving public services. It’s not supposed to hold up in court. It’s to rile up the base. Election season is around the corner. However if they were to allow employers to refuse prayer breaks to employees, that can go either way in SCC, especially if that employer has government contracts.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Niqab is not even a religious requirement. If they’re not banning scarves then it’s fine.
You can say it’s a religious requirement and if you deeply hold this view, then it is a religious requirement according to the law. The problem with this law is to that it violates freedom of expression and religion.

Have you been to Quebec? They’re generally shitty and cranky people lol. If they want to reduce the impact of religion, this has the opposite effect because people don’t like being told what to do. So stupid.
I think thats generally true for the French :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Cranky indeed.
I agree with everything you said. There are more important issues to deal with, yet they focus on this??? I don't get it.

I think thats generally true for the French :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa: Cranky indeed.
I agree with everything you said. There are more important issues to deal with, yet they focus on this??? I don't get it.

They're playing politics. Yesterday they were against parti quebecois's charter of values but today they pass this bill to gain support over the opposition for the upcoming provincial election

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Won't hold up in the supreme court
Which is why the Quebec Liberals (PLQ) were so eager to pass this law and why Justin Trudeau won't intervene.
PLQ is losing support to the CAQ which is more hardline when it comes to immigration and Islamic dress. So they passed a flimsy bill to increase their poll numbers.

VIP
Quebec wants to be be france so bad. They should secede already. How many women wear the niqab in canada? I'd say less than 100.

LittleNileRiver

Keepin Southies in check since 1998
Quebec wants to be be france so bad. They should secede already. How many women wear the niqab in canada? I'd say less than 100.
Government imposed laicite (secularism) is the reason why France is a mess.
Muslims in Canada are very well integrated in Western society than Muslims in France.

Government imposed laicite (secularism) is the reason why France is a mess.

They make up 10% of France's population. Once they get in the double digits in any society, they go crazy and are all chaos. It all started with the terror attack at the Jewish primary school a few years ago by that Maghrebi. Before that, they were just loud extremists. Canada is at the loud extremist stage.

They must never reach the double digits in Canada or it'll become like France with Sharia zones and terror attacks in cafés of all places.

Trending