Qabil/clans are outdated

We r pretty open to all clans to invest in Somalia, there is no discrimination there for anyone, It's a mutual interest for all that one as they provide more taxes for the government. The issue u will have in PL is you will not be considered a citizen, no matter how long u lived there.

U will not get political representation as your not deemed from the region. You also cannot carry any 'arms' like the other local clans, u basically become a PL resident with a work visa rights in PL, if you don't have roots there.
Then by definition is that even a region, like it acts like a country

Then by definition is that even a region, like it acts like a country
PL is half way in between a region and a country. It's officially a region for legal purposes, but it does definitely behave as a nation state. It's like Kurdistan, it's officially apart of Somalia, but in practise carries out it's own sovereign state functions like military, foreign partnerships, border controls, immigration office. Besides the Somali shilling and Somali Passport, there reallyisn't anything else we share in common with the rest of Somalia

RasCanjero

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Qabils in their present form are outdated.

They barely provide any of the protection and culture they used to do.

I say we redesign them so they have more accountability over their members and turn them into cheabols like they have in Korea.

This would also make it easier to solve inter clan disputes and foster huge investment funds backed by the trust in the clan behind them.

Clans could be our biggest tool for development or our biggest obstacle.

The problem with this is, your region is possibly in a dire mess and singing the 'I dont love qabil and love somali' doesn't convince no-one, if u really do love somalinimo, don't u think u shouldstart with your region and where your parents and ancestors are from, why do u cry for some other region or cry I want to end tribalism? it is is what it is, u need to learn how to adapt to time period not try to turn the clock back.
You and the rest qabiil fanatics are the ones, who need to adapt to the reality in front of you.
Look at kenya, look at Ethiopia, look at UAE which was an empty desert land sone 40 years ago, they're doing mars exploration.
I don't understand why Somali people love, to compete with their fellow Somalis in destructive ways, but turn blind to the bigger threat of foreign countries.
Qabiil won't save your clan fiefdom, the moment another country starts to take your resources. Look at how kenya is claiming Jubalands waters and how xoolo blackie is still in bed with the kenyatis.
If another Somali clan had done, what the kenyati did. The clans who reside there, would now be fighting a holy war against that qabiil.

I know this statement might be too controversial but whatever, I’m going to speak my mind and hopefully get some interesting feedbacks. I just cringe at all these Independence days, like people are out here celebrating their creations of clan states. On top of that the new generation of Somalis are just as tribalistic As the previous one. We can’t keep arguing that qabil has some positives when the negatives outweighs the positives. What happened in Somalia has destroyed my parents my dad is traumatised and has PTSD, I’ve always wanted to know their first hand experience durning those difficult times but my questions gets shut down by my parents because it becomes to intense for them and brings back traumatic memories. He once told me he saw a poor old man get executed in front of his eyes. Is it fair on my part if I chose to not entertain a ounce of anything to with qabil. It’s honestly degeneracy, like what makes different from each other we speak the same language, have the same culture, we are all Muslim.
How could clan be outdated, is ethnicity, nationality, religion, race, gender and everything that divides human beings outdated?

Since the beginning of time humans have fought each other if it isn’t qabil, I promise you it will be something else. Instead of holding the blame on clan, we should hold people’s actions accountable.

I don’t really care if clan disappeared from Somalia tomorrow m, it has no value to me but I promise you it qabil disappears tomorrow, Somalis would find another thing to fight about.

Qabil is like crack to Somalis, Walahi it won’t go. You just need people to be more tolerant. I genuinely think right now it’s very easy to fight and kill when somalia is undeveloped but if somalia is developed and has lot of opportunities, qabyalad may exist but it won’t be as severe. No one is willing to lose what they have built.

Qabil is like crack to Somalis, Walahi it won’t go. You just need people to be more tolerant. I genuinely think right now it’s very easy to fight and kill when somalia is undeveloped but if somalia is developed and has lot of opportunities, qabyalad may exist but it won’t be as severe. No one is willing to lose what they have built.
That is why PL tells the south u need to head towards progress or else unifying anything is impossible, when both stakeholders enjoy peace and progress, they got something to lose, negiotating is far easier then.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
Qabiil waa qaran from year 0 to dawn of colonialism nothing wrong with qabiil depends only on the culture of your qabiil is can be productive, tuugo or saangur!

I don’t know how people are still justifying qabil like look at all the Oromo groups that where was once dir qabil, qabil makes it much easier for outsiders to divide and conquer us.

To become developed, you need to reduce the importance of qabiil. Somalia's peace, development, prosperity and qabiil cannot coexist.

M
I know this statement might be too controversial but whatever, I’m going to speak my mind and hopefully get some interesting feedbacks. I just cringe at all these Independence days, like people are out here celebrating their creations of clan states. On top of that the new generation of Somalis are just as tribalistic As the previous one. We can’t keep arguing that qabil has some positives when the negatives outweighs the positives. What happened in Somalia has destroyed my parents my dad is traumatised and has PTSD, I’ve always wanted to know their first hand experience durning those difficult times but my questions gets shut down by my parents because it becomes to intense for them and brings back traumatic memories. He once told me he saw a poor old man get executed in front of his eyes. Is it fair on my part if I chose to not entertain a ounce of anything to with qabil. It’s honestly degeneracy, like what makes different from each other we speak the same language, have the same culture, we are all Muslim.
may allah bless ur heart we need more ppl like u

I would save 1 member from my clan over 5 Somali's that were not of my clan, don't care what anyone says, I know for a fact most Somali's would do the same, they're just not honest about it.

Somalinimo is dead, qabil is the only thing that matters :kanyeshrug:

I would save 1 member from my clan over 5 Somali's that were not of my clan, don't care what anyone says, I know for a fact most Somali's would do the same, they're just not honest about it.

Somalinimo is dead, qabil is the only thing that matters :kanyeshrug:
the crazy thing is even within these clans, there are Internal fighting and animosity to each other, it’s truly a ever ending cycle, where we don’t grow as people. You clearly missed the hole point of this thread, I said get rid of the clan system in public professional space like politics and law and the work world.

the crazy thing is even within these clans, there are Internal fighting and animosity to each other, it’s truly a ever ending cycle, where we don’t grow as people. You clearly missed the hole point of this thread, I said get rid of the clan system in public professional space like politics and law and the work world.
It is infinitely easier to solver an intra-clan dispute than a dispute between 2 opposing clans.

The country is literally based on clans, 4.5 is the way representation is divided is between the big 4 clans (Hawiye, Darood, Dir, Raxanweyn are counted 1, minority clans are 0.5), as long as this remains it's stupid to talk about "getting rid of clans".

It is infinitely easier to solver an intra-clan dispute than a dispute between 2 opposing clans.

The country is literally based on clans, 4.5 is the way representation is divided is between the big 4 clans (Hawiye, Darood, Dir, Raxanweyn are counted 1, minority clans are 0.5), as long as this remains it's stupid to talk about "getting rid of clans".
It’s a system that is drowning the Somali people, the 0.5 don’t get the full rights compare to the others.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
lets business or government power sharing or what ever even marriage, you what type of person other Qabiil gonna send he is verified if anything goes wrong you that qabil be insurance now these nationalists want to erase clan but also scared of oromo and ethiopia take over but how we gonna verify oromo who speak Somali already,they join Or run the government or other top positions unverified:umwhat:

A lot of Somalis fundamentally lack forward-thinking principles. They don't operate in the first world context, and therefore keep themselves to primitive corrupt unprincipled clan-channels without any political accountability on regional dynamics.

The best prerequisite to change this fundamental constrain of flexibility for renewal is economic growth; give people opportunities, and they will develop a civic culture less dependant on the informal nomadic characteristic.

A lot of Somalis fundamentally lack forward-thinking principles. They don't operate in the first world context, and therefore keep themselves to primitive corrupt unprincipled clan-channels without any political accountability on regional dynamics.

The best prerequisite to change this fundamental constrain of flexibility for renewal is economic growth; give people opportunities, and they will develop a civic culture less dependant on the informal nomadic characteristic.
that is kinda true, I guess it’s poverty that’s causing all this madness because The Somalis in Kenya are really successful and I don’t hear a lot about them being qabillist or anything. You guys can correct me if I am wrong about that. As well the ones from Djibouti I heard they’re more laid back and open minded than the rest of Somalis.

Latest posts