Qabil/clans are outdated

I know this statement might be too controversial but whatever, I’m going to speak my mind and hopefully get some interesting feedbacks. I just cringe at all these Independence days, like people are out here celebrating their creations of clan states. On top of that the new generation of Somalis are just as tribalistic As the previous one. We can’t keep arguing that qabil has some positives when the negatives outweighs the positives. What happened in Somalia has destroyed my parents my dad is traumatised and has PTSD, I’ve always wanted to know their first hand experience durning those difficult times but my questions gets shut down by my parents because it becomes to intense for them and brings back traumatic memories. He once told me he saw a poor old man get executed in front of his eyes. Is it fair on my part if I chose to not entertain a ounce of anything to with qabil. It’s honestly degeneracy, like what makes different from each other we speak the same language, have the same culture, we are all Muslim.

I think your comments are good-hearted but naive. Somali’s killed each other based off tribe lol and there are still people alive who suffered a lot during the war because of their tribe, so how can we expect them to speak positively of Somalia ? These ‘clan’ states are a consequence of what happened, and I doubt the idea of a Somalia for all will ever be realised.

I also agree that this generation is equally tribalistic as the previous one, or even more. I see a lot of kids now identify more with the states they’re from rather than Somalia .

I think your comments are good-hearted but naive. Somali’s killed each other based off tribe lol and there are still people alive who suffered a lot during the war because of their tribe, so how can we expect them to speak positively of Somalia ? These ‘clan’ states are a consequence of what happened, and I doubt the idea of a Somalia for all will ever be realised.

I also agree that this generation is equally tribalistic as the previous one, or even more. I see a lot of kids now identify more with the states they’re from rather than Somalia .
I understand it might be viewed as naive, but however there has to come a time where we actually address this, like most of these clans are fighting over Desert land that has no resources(I know this might be debated). At some point we need to take a step back and see the degeneracy. If we compare the rest of Africans to Somalis, we out all people should be unified, like look at Nigerians, a country with so many ethnic groups that was forced to become a Union and yet they are doing better than us. I don’t get why the new generation is like that especially the diaspora. Like you was born in ST James hospital what do u know about qabil, maybe I just had a different outbringing to them my parents raised me to not care about qabil, they would say u live in the west your qabil is somali. Like my neighbors are MJ and are from the Puntland and they’ve done so much for us than even certain relatives. My extended family is kind of dysfunctional.

MadMullah99

Boqor of Boqors. The man your wife fantasises of.
Lets just say that If I became president of Somalia today; I would make it illegal for any Clan/tribal discussions to take place or even uttered. If found to partake, you will get a minimum of 5 months in prison.

I and many out there actually want to completely wipe out and eradicate clans and tribies from Somalia, albeit by force in my case as hadal will never achieve anything.

to make this into fruition though; I would have to sacrifice everything and decide to live in hell for the next 10 years which is not my cup of tea; as I rather live blissfully in countries who don't have this degeneracy with my glass of mango juice by the beach.

Lets just say that If I became president of Somalia today; I would make it illegal for any Clan/tribal discussions to take place or even uttered. If found to partake, you will get a minimum of 5 months in prison.

I and many out there actually want to completely wipe out and eradicate clans and tribies from Somalia, albeit by force in my case as hadal will never achieve anything.

to make this into fruition though; I would have to sacrifice everything and decide to live in hell for the next 10 years which is not my cup of tea; as I rather live blissfully in countries who don't have this degeneracy with my glass of mango juice by the beach.
The crazy thing is the world is changing so fast. I mean they are planning to build cities in mars and shit and technology is going to be something else. Africa in general will soon become the leading continent. Somalia is doing horrible and I don’t think we will be developed like our neighbors and the continent at large if we keep fighting over mean less land that has no resources, we could end up like the Romania of Europe. It’s Embarrassing, like even Donald trump said it himself Somalia is a shithole.

Ayubi

‎كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
VIP

Qabiil has brought more negatives then positives, no doubt but we need something to retain our ethnic Somali identity and qabiils has kept it. Without qabiil, Somalis would be assimilated into different ethnicities at large. What Somalis need is education, to be educated about the consequences and what it has resulted and to be Indoctrinated into hating tribalism. That’s if Somalia gets its shit together and when that happens is when we should try getting rid of the Tribal disease.

Last edited:
Qabiil has brought more negatives then positives, no doubt but we need something to retain our Identity ethnic Somali identity and qabiils has kept it. Without qabiil, Somalis would be assimilated into different ethnicities at large. What Somalis need is education, to be educated about the consequences and what it has resulted and Indoctrination
What we need Is something similar to the Separation of church and state but with the clans, I heard that the speaker of the house has to be from a certain clan, like what type foolishness is this. Somalia as whole needs some sort gentrification, like the there’s shouldn’t be no clan states.

AbdiGeedi

To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
@David_434

You are right on the money.

Qabilism by itself is a dying concept in the world.

Unfortunately, in Somalia qabilism is a powerful tool that is being used to maintain political and most importantly economical grip by the local elites.

Somalia is going through growing stages as a country. Look at tribalism as a curable disease.

I know this statement might be too controversial but whatever, I’m going to speak my mind and hopefully get some interesting feedbacks. I just cringe at all these Independence days, like people are out here celebrating their creations of clan states. On top of that the new generation of Somalis are just as tribalistic As the previous one. We can’t keep arguing that qabil has some positives when the negatives outweighs the positives. What happened in Somalia has destroyed my parents my dad is traumatised and has PTSD, I’ve always wanted to know their first hand experience durning those difficult times but my questions gets shut down by my parents because it becomes to intense for them and brings back traumatic memories. He once told me he saw a poor old man get executed in front of his eyes. Is it fair on my part if I chose to not entertain a ounce of anything to with qabil. It’s honestly degeneracy, like what makes different from each other we speak the same language, have the same culture, we are all Muslim.
The problem with this is, your region is possibly in a dire mess and singing the 'I dont love qabil and love somali' doesn't convince no-one, if u really do love somalinimo, don't u think u shouldstart with your region and where your parents and ancestors are from, why do u cry for some other region or cry I want to end tribalism? it is is what it is, u need to learn how to adapt to time period not try to turn the clock back.

The problem with this is, your region is possibly in a dire mess and singing the 'I dont love qabil and love somali' doesn't convince no-one, if u really do love somalinimo, don't u think u shouldstart with your region and where your parents and ancestors are from, why do u cry for some other region or cry I want to end tribalism? it is is what it is, u need to learn how to adapt to time period not try to turn the clock back.
Loooool I’m dead my family isn’t from dire region, my family is from the north, we are like the second biggest clan in somaliland, we have untapped oil and gas in our region. Your point about adapting to the time is completely stupid because it’s Somalis that aren’t adapting to the time, our neighbour Ethiopia which has 92+ languages and ethnic groups are doing much better than us, every single day in Addis Ababa a new high rise Building is being built which is change the skyline of Addis Ababa. You just have more loyalties to your Desert region and your clan, u don’t want to develop Somalia at all.

All these Somalis that go back to Somalia to invest in the country only go to their particular region their family is from, why? Go explore the country, invest in somewhere else that might have more Opportunities than your dry region your family comes from.

All these Somalis that go back to Somalia to invest in the country only go to their particular region their family is from, why? Go explore the country, invest in somewhere else that might have more Opportunities than your dry region your family comes from.
I don't mind cross-investment, even if I did invest somewhere else, my profits would be going to PL to assist my locals, I have control of this, I don't have control of other people regions, your asking for the impossible.

I don't mind cross-investment, even if I did invest somewhere else, my profits would be going to PL to assist my locals, I have control of this, I don't have control of other people regions, your asking for the impossible.
it’s impossible because of clan region, the truth is Somalis are exploiting qabil. You should have free access and free movements in your own country like this is what I’m talking about, your telling me Kismayo region is the best place to grow fruits and vegetables but u can’t have full freedom to invest and take charge because your not from that region, imagine you as a business person the leaders of Jubaland ask you to pay tax to do business in their region because your not from that region but the person from that region doesn’t have to pay that tax, is that democracy in Economic sense. This clan bs is holding us back in so many ways.

The worst thing is even now foreigners have now come to understand that the best way to control Somalis is exploit these clan states and cause division. Look what Kenya did the Jubaland or what UAE is doing in somaliland.

The worst thing is even now foreigners have now come to understand that the best way to control Somalis is exploit these clan states and cause division. Look what Kenya did the Jubaland or what UAE is doing in somaliland.
I am not sure of JL, maybe we need to ask @Teeri-Alpha because he is governing the region. But in PL, there is one tax for all and it's based on what the government estimates is your business revenues based on the hours your open and days operating. Tons of Rahanwayn are traders in PL and their not complaning.

I am not sure of JL, maybe we need to ask @Teeri-Alpha because he is governing the region. But in PL, there is one tax for all and it's based on what the government estimates is your business revenues based on the hours your open and days operating. Tons of Rahanwayn are traders in PL and their not complaning.
since it’s a tax for all then thats Okay but there still the issue of free access and free of movement with qabil getting in the way. i just think qabil should not play a significant role in people day to day life or shouldn’t be public Display in professional settings like work and education, imagine getting discriminated on a job offer because you’re from a lower clan.

since it’s a tax for all then thats Okay but there still the issue of free access and free of movement with qabil getting in the way. i just think qabil should not play a significant role in people day to day life or shouldn’t be public Display in professional settings like work and education, imagine getting discriminated on a job offer because you’re from a lower clan.
We r pretty open to all clans to invest in Somalia, there is no discrimination there for anyone, It's a mutual interest for all that one as they provide more taxes for the government. The issue u will have in PL is you will not be considered a citizen, no matter how long u lived there.

U will not get political representation as your not deemed from the region. You also cannot carry any 'arms' like the other local clans, u basically become a PL resident with a work visa rights in PL, if you don't have roots there.

Latest posts