Puntland Strongest Winds In World

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Puntland can be designated as the energy provider of Somalia, it's the best place to invest for reliable energy for the nation and it will be totally green. The problem with this only is, how reliable is wind? they will need some sort of hybrid back up like they did in Garowe with solar. The only problem I can see with this is, a single failure that can happen, so we might need to mix up our energy sources and locations. Last thing we want is another nations bombs our electricity grid and we all go in the dark cause we built just one big ass one.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Does anyone know real world comparisons between how cheaper green energy is? a-lot of the green energy is still connected to grids in most cities of the world, like if you want a solar panel you will still be using the grid system or it will be a mix between the two. Because those panels can't provide enough energy to cover you reliably and their was always some mix of the grid involved to cover the gap.

If you go for the ones who probably has the capacity to provide enough energy without going grid, the investment is probably not even worth it cause it's too expensive and I haven't checked into it but that's if it's even possible. It would be possible in real sunny places where the weather is pretty much desert like, I guess but not in 4 season countries, what you gonna do when the sun hardly rises for 6 months of the year because the sun has to provide those panels energy or there is no-way to convert it into power. I am still learning about how that shit works. It's fascinating how you can take something like oil or light and turn it into energy regardless what form such as cars, or light bulbs.

Does anyone know how solar works briefly? I am envisioning it's like filling up your car tank with gas, u gonna have to fill it up sooner or later and that's depending on how u use it. Sure u can keep the car going for 1 month on a full tank with light usage but heavy usage it will be gone in a few days and if there is no gas station or oil to source, you need a backup like they did in garowe with wind and solar working together. So what happens when the sun doesnt rise for a week? and u go thru all your stored energy in the panels? in the cities they switch them over to the coal form till their solar can refill itself basically.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I can see how coal works, you see that in charcoal and coals they sell around for cooking, if burned turns into heat which is the energy and it's matter of storing that energy into pipe lines i guess and connecting it thru grids to homes and that's how we get our heat. Rather then small packs like it's done for cooking you would probably have huge pits at plants I would assume for cities.

But I cant see how u take oil a liquid substance and turn that into fuel for a car or how electricity can be generated from wind or sun. Even electricity is strange it breaks down into various forms itself like power for your appliances and light for your home.

Only obvious thing I see is the front heads of each appliances are different. Look at light bulb doesn't look like the same interface for the power-point and then look at your charger for laptop how it continues to convert the energy levels suited for your laptop. Your laptop would explode if it went str8 from the powerpoint without some conversion to a lesser strength.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It is also one of the sunniest places in Africa.
africa.png
You could have a system that combines solar and wind mitigating one another's shortcomings. Although there is less wind at night, you don't have to worry about that as much because it is still very windy in a place like Puntland. You could store solar energy during the day and use it as backup in case the wind is too weak during the night. The only problem I can see is that this needs a lot of technical know how and systems engineering, something our country lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.