Puntland Local Elections 2023 & Presidential Elections 2024

Asad Diyano has no experience of Governance. I want to see people like the Mayor of Garowe running for office in future. In my opinion, military men should stick to military affairs.

I would advise Asad Diyano and people like him to first rule a city or a region and show us what they are capable of. We really need to stop people from standing for office without experience.

The highest office in Puntland shouldn't be a place for people to experiment with.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Kaah won Ufeyn council, Mideeye is second and cadaalada iyo sinaanta is third. If mideeye coalitions with cadaalada and sinantaa, they can topple Kaah easily if future puntland elections are tight like this between no 1 and 2

earling polling is suggesting Mideeye is slaughtering Kaah. Asad Diyano is known as serving in the 'ciidaan' and very popular as a puntite wadani. Puntites love military background ppl because if they willing to die for our homeland it re-assures people they will also be patriots when in office. Not that nonsensical ngo leaders of hamar
We will see the results of Qardho and Eyl in a few hours, they finished counting.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Asad Diyano has no experience of Governance. I want to see people like the Mayor of Garowe running for office in future. In my opinion, military men should stick to military affairs.

I would advise Asad Diyano and people like him to first rule a city or a region and show us what they are capable of. We really need to stop people from standing for office without experience.

The highest office in Puntland shouldn't be a place for people to experiment with.

I agree with you @Pwyneth Galtrow we definitely need people with govt experience not ppl who come with no experience and turn out to be total experimentation even @Murax and @TekNiKo accept this model aas more reliable to gouge the honesty of our future leaders when we look at their regional performance. I think Abdillahi Yusuf Model was to have everyone gain experience in governance in their own homeland and then somalis coming together and choosing the best man for the job based on their regional experience.

Imagine having candidates all running with a track record to prove from their own region at the parliament. This will make our politics competitive and lead to quality. But that was just a 'dream' as we reverted to selecting sunday school teachers like sharif, ngo guys like kheyre-rooble-hsm. We don't even look back and say ok we had enuff, we repeat the cycle and keep selecting the same lack of calibre.

In our region we should only have mayors-governors run for office like they do in America, the americans use governor role as a stepping stone to the presidency.

I would love Garowe Mayor and Juxa competing, imagine that, both are seasoned and experienced and have left lasting legacies in their previous positions, it's a no brainer right? but we will never get that in Somalia, we are so blind-sided by tribe and personal interests, we keep wasting our ppl time

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Pwyneth Galtrow we are 68 IQ ppl as @Yusuf M has said. Doesn't make sense to u if I want power that I go back to my region first, prove my leadership and government performance in my own backyard and then go to mogadishu with a track-record to discuss. Imagine if all Regional governments did the same, we wud have superb elections in Somalia where we start selecting quality leaders based on their performance in their own region.

But we are so 68, we want to start at the TOP and not work from the Bottom before reaching the top. To reach the top, u need a foundation at the bottom right? well tell somalis go back to your region, show us what sort of calibre you have and then come to federal elections 'adigo wax ku hadli kara'

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP

That means Qardho district cannot be anymore than 50K people.

Assuming only a third of the total population was able to vote with the other two thirds being children and youth.

These elections could very well dispel the myth that PL is underpopulated.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP

Assuming only a third of the total population was able to vote with the other two thirds being children and youth.

Put on mind this was the first council elections ever hold in PL since 60s, parliament and presidential election ahead of us. I assume more will participant on those elections.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Put on mind this was the first council elections ever hold in PL since 60s, parliament and presidential election ahead of us. I assume more will participant on those elections.

That's even better then. I forgot to even factor in turnout.

The next step after PL implements state-wide elections should be a census.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
That's even better then. I forgot to even factor in turnout.

The next step after PL implements state-wide elections should be a census.
Correct, So its just milestone and more will come soon. Next goal for TPEC in middle next year global election accross PL in 9 states.

The registered voters are 26,285 so Qardho is definitely more than 50k.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The registered voters are 26,285 so Qardho is definitely more than 50k.

Probably closer to 100K - 150K then.

Imagine the population of Galkacyo, Bosasso and Garowe plus all the smaller cities, towns and nomadic populations then.

People underestimate the amount of towns and smaller cities in Puntland.

Probably closer to 100K - 150K then.

Imagine the population of Galkacyo, Bosasso and Garowe plus all the smaller cities, towns and nomadic populations then.

People underestimate the amount of towns and smaller cities in Puntland.
Even small towns like Ufeyn 10,231 registered.

Eyl council results:
Kaah: 13 seats.
Mideeye: 6 seats.
SINCAD: 4 seats.
Horseed: 2 seats.
RUNCAD: 2 seats.
Eyl results..jpg

Trending