Puntland Local Elections 2023 & Presidential Elections 2024

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Will this be parliamentarian or include presidential elections???

This is wonderful news, if we can get actual political parties in Puntland we can rapidly grow the state.
Both. But first we should finish Local election in 2021 or early 2022 to choice the most 3 pollical parties that represent PL.

Later own new TPEC will be form by the current Government and 3 Pollical parties to prepare for Parliamentarian & Presidential elections in 2023.

Both. But first we should finish Local election in 2021 or early 2022 to choice the most 3 pollical parties that represent PL.
Mashallah, if the elections can be carried out they can begin sending elected officials to the Federal Parliament as well.

Which parties, do you have links?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Mashallah, if the elections can be carried out they can begin sending elected officials to the Federal Parliament as well.

Which parties, do you have links?
Elected ones will join PL parliament in 2024. for Somalia I think will be new elections in 2025 to elect parliament represent Somalia.

Today register In TPEC 10 official pollical parties.

President Deni represent Kaah party.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Very important interview with the head of TPEC Guleed Saalax. He is someone to keep an eye on in Puntland's political future.

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Too bad his period will be over when Local election finish and official 3 PL party announce.

That is too bad because I would like for him to run our parliamentary election at the state & federal levels.

Do you know if the president will be elected by the people or by parliament?

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
That is too bad because I would like for him to run our parliamentary election at the state & federal levels.

Do you know if the president will be elected by the people or by parliament?

Really he is intelligent guy I think he will be part one of parties in the future, but for fairness he should be out of it until he resign or his period finish.

As coming PL frame presidential elections, Puntland citizens has the right to vote the presidential representor from three party.

Regarding Parliament elections. It would be per degmo or gobol seat between three parties.

Last edited:
The PL people should only vote for the parliament and only state MPs should elect the state president. Directly electing the PL leader is more costly plus increases risks for post election disputes and tribalism

Somaliland should never have allowed the people to directly elect their president

Thegoodshepherd

VIP
Really he is intelligent guy I think he will be part one of parties in the future, but for fairness he should be out of it until he resign or his period finish.

As coming PL frame presidential elections, Puntland citizens has the right to vote the presidential representor from three party.

Regarding Parliament elections. It would be per degmo or gobol seat between three parties.
He is very capable from what I have heard from people back in Puntland. He is moving slowly but he is building confidence.

Having the president be directly elected has positives and negatives, but I think the positives are bigger. It gives government actions a strong kind of legitimacy when implementing new rules and regulations.

I also hope that they reserve few seats for smaller clans so that even if they don't have the numbers to elect a representative, they have at least 1 mp.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
He is very capable from what I have heard from people back in Puntland. He is moving slowly but he is building confidence.

Having the president be directly elected has positives and negatives, but I think the positives are bigger. It gives government actions a strong kind of legitimacy when implementing new rules and regulations.

I also hope that they reserve few seats for smaller clans so that even if they don't have the numbers to elect a representative, they have at least 1 mp.
As his capabilities. His doing his job perfect. Each table plan he achieve it on time.

For small clans mp seats will be secure. In the coming Local election 3 political parties represents from those clans will challenge on it.

Mps 66 seats divided by 9 states in PL.

If its an election why does clan matter?

Electing through districts removes the need for clans.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
The PL people should only vote for the parliament and only state MPs should elect the state president. Directly electing the PL leader is more costly plus increases risks for post election disputes and tribalism

Somaliland should never have allowed the people to directly elect their president
For lowing the cost you are right, but for citizens puntland they want to choice who will rule them by their vote.

Trending

Latest posts