Garacad Port & Town Construction Project

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Boogie I love a good hard smooth asphalted road

124936040_1309429959427955_4102205688584312414_n.jpg

124603648_1309430029427948_6051735349847888205_n.jpg

This Port is a game-changer, as it becomes the only Independent and privately owned port in the Horn.

Garacad Port The Only Independent & Privately Owned Port In Africa Enters Final Stage. This Project has been a massive undertaking by the Puntland business community and has been a huge success. The Port is on target to be fully completed by December of this year 2021.

From a pipe dream and into reality. Once completed it will open up the central Somalia regions and eastern Ethiopia for easy trade with the outside world especially the gulf countries. The strategic location of Gara’ad is a plus point. Taking advantage of the relative stability of the Puntland State of Somalia, Wadaagsan Company wishes to implement the port of Gara’ad via the Regional Capital of Galkayo to Galdogob at the border between Somalia and Ethiopia.

1615503999260.png

Implement the port of Gara’ad via the Regional Capital of Galkayo
1615504715169.png

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The road the Somali region is building from Qabri Dahar to Wardheer will make a Garacad-Galdogob-Wardheer road all the more likely to receive some kind of grant from international donors.
A new trade corridor, with Galkacyo at its center, is coming together quite nicely.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
The road the Somali region is building from Qabri Dahar to Wardheer will make a Garacad-Galdogob-Wardheer road all the more likely to receive some kind of grant from international donors.
A new trade corridor, with Galkacyo at its center, is coming together quite nicely.
Red Sea Berbera will have huge impact If Garcaad finish. Bossaso and Garcaad will be golden mine to PL. Next steps to upgrade PL airports to be on International Hub. If we own Sea and air. PL will crown as golden State of modern Somalis.

I was just in Galkacayo a month ago, it was a booming with construction, and business on the raise all due to Garacad port. Locally funded project already has the road worked on reducing travel from Galkayo to Garcad from 10 hours to 5. A paved road would make the trip 2.5 hours. Hopefully it will happen with the next Federal administration since Farmaajo been cock blocking Puntland development.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

Transhipment Trucks flying thru DDSI corridor and entering into Galdogob custom at Turdibi, they must pay their 'taxes' to @SomaliMVP who will use that to develop galdogob. It will cut thru galkacyo who will benefit all the way to garacad port who will collect it's port tax.

Make sure the rest of the high-way is free of jidgoyo or any other burden of tax, let it be free trade corridor between DDSI who will move products/goods from garacad port while we move their livestocks.

I'd also make sure you pave that shit also at wadaagsin and qabridahar as both need quick-fast all weather road not 'seasonal roads' as the rains can stop trade from happening. Get your act together quick on all year road access infrastructure as we need to win by 'speed of trade' in Somalia as Africa is hardest place for business activity and it' usually due to long governance processes or bad infrastructure or burdensome bribes an taxations and paper work. But I can envision garacad becoming a busy ass trade corridor and all the towns on those roads should technically develop as a result.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Red Sea Berbera will have huge impact If Garcaad finish. Bossaso and Garcaad will be golden mine to PL. Next steps to upgrade PL airports to be on International Hub. If we own Sea and air. PL will crown as golden State of modern Somalis.
Garacad will be capable of even supplying parts of eastern Oromia competitively is it is well managed and can be profitable while charging lower fees. DDSI and eastern Oromia are the fastest growing in terms of population in Ethiopia. Garacad will have a market as large as that of all of Somalia.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am really looking forward to garacad port, it will tell me for once and for all if puntland infrastructure is better managed under private management or if bosaso public port management is more efficient under the govt or it could lead to a race between the two which is good thing. These two ports will play a huge role in my decision of privatization of public infrastructure or public management.

I still lean toward 'public management' of infrastructure is better as I fear a monopoly or ogligarchy developing thru private investors, which can stifle other businesses to grow or they can be bought out thru acquistions or merges by the big dog company who owns the infrastructure.

But we shall wait and see when bosaso and garacad compete who wins the 'trade wars' in puntland, lakin both ports are still under puntland control, just because it private company who is building it doesn't mean they are not liable for taxation or else why are private companies in bosaso-garowe-galkacyo liable for taxation since they have private companies. Privatization doesn't mean they are outside the control of puntland government who needs taxation revenue so it can deliver security, good governance, and public services oo dhamaanteena ayaa ku wada nool.

Is the port Somali owned? Also for ports to be reliable there has to be good infrastructure since there is no point docking somewhere without roads. There should be roads to connect the port to other cities so it can be useful and actually make a difference. Anyhow it’s nice to see Somalis progressing.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Dalalos_ibn_Adali I wish this was 'gedo' where u sit there with JL government and work out an investment model to set-up baardheere electricity dam and create 'canals' from 'juba' river into different villages of Gedo so it can combat drought-famines-etc and begin a bread-basket model u cud secure PL/DDSI who wud sign deals to open their markets to 'gedo' farmers.

But we know this won't happen untill NGM turn 'sade' for 'sade first' and not waste to much time on mogadishu ama 'somali wide politics'. Just don't break 'sahal lobby group' agreements of not escalating political difference to hag and snm level and keep politics non destructive. We will not entertain mogadishu model of destroy and rebuild cycle.

Trending