Puntland Ministerial delegation visited Jigjiga

Status
Not open for further replies.
They met with the President Mustafe Cagjar and talked about a lot of issues including the Tuurdibi custom and invitation extended to him to visit Puntland which he accepted.

Mustafe Cagjar also extended invitation to Puntland President to visit Somali Region in Ethiopia.

The guy in charge of Jeel Ogadeen has been captured in Goldogob and transferred to Ethiopia.

President Cagar met tonight with President Deni and had Iftar together.

President Deni is on stopover in Addis Ababa on his way to China.

60965346_3226066234085909_71187562512777216_n.jpg

The guy in charge of Jeel Ogadeen has been captured in Goldogob and transferred to Ethiopia.

President Cagar met tonight with President Deni and had Iftar together.

President Deni is on stopover in Addis Ababa on his way to China.

60965346_3226066234085909_71187562512777216_n.jpg
So Cagjar requests this nutjob to be extradited in return a Puntlander is named Governor of Doolow. Same day they named a deputy governor for Mudug, another Bicidyahan. Which means this ordeal was negotiated.

Cajiib

^Congtatulations the sphinx is yours.
I see this future port in Mudug called Garacad was discussed very interesting. Cagjar also met with HG earlier this year to discuss Hobyo why is the federal government funding two ports so close in vicinity? More road networks are needed in central Somalia to connect it to Somali Galbeed.

Farm

VIP
I see this future port in Mudug called Garacad was discussed very interesting. Cagjar also met with HG earlier this year to discuss Hobyo why is the federal government funding two ports so close in vicinity? More road networks are needed in central Somalia to connect it to Somali Galbeed.

There is no FGS funding for Garacad. FGS has been denouncing and trying to sabotage the port since it was announced. Hobyo isn’t being built for obvious reasons hence why the Somali Galbeed and Ethiopian government would rather work with PL.

They even discussed the new border customs between Somali Galbeed and Puntland that will connect to Garacad.

kJnOnCQ.jpg

we're already working on our roads meanwhile road to hobyo got stopped by alshabab and they arent united. FGS tried to stop our port and support Hobyo as they want Qatar to fix it for them. Addis is looking towards Garacad and the roads connecting mudug and galbeed is currently being worked on.

There is no FGS funding for Garacad, FGS has been denouncing and trying to sabotage the port since it was announced. Hobyo isn’t being built for obvious reasons hence why the Somali Galbeed and Ethiopian government would rather work with PL.

They even discussed the new border customs between Somali Galbeed and Puntland that will connect to Garacad.

kJnOnCQ.jpg
I am not suprised the federal government would sabotage it both the president and the prime minister are reer Galmudug. But what does Farmajo gain from doing this I suspect Ceelbuur native Kheyre is behind it.:cosbyhmm:

Construction of this port will be quoted in the hundreds of millions, if the FG is not taking out a loan on your behalf, how will you fund it? Unless you unilaterally entered a deal as a state which is impossible since they would have to deal with the FG.

and why isn't Hobyo being built? The Chinese got in on the deal making it legit.

we're already working on our roads meanwhile road to hobyo got stopped by alshabab and they arent united. FGS tried to stop our port and support Hobyo as they want Qatar to fix it for them. Addis is looking towards Garacad and the roads connecting mudug and galbeed is currently being worked on.
First mover wins this is a zero sum game between Puntland-Galmudug. If you build a tarmac road connecting the port town to Galkayco to Wardheer and beyond then you will seal the region. Development will spur more people into the Gobol. I would love for their to be a Wajaale like corridor in Wardheer. Reer Galdogob will benefit the most from it being the biggest town near the border. Ideal setup

Last edited:

Farm

VIP
I am not suprised the federal government would sabotage it both the president and the prime minister are reer Galmudug. But what does Farmajo gain from doing this I suspect Ceelbuur native Kheyre is behind it.:cosbyhmm:

Construction of this port will be quoted in the hundreds of millions, if the FG is not taking out a loan on your behalf, how will you fund it? Unless you unilaterally entered a deal as a state which is impossible since they would have to deal with the FG.

and why isn't Hobyo being built? The Chinese got in on the deal making it legit.

Garacad is estimated to cost between $40-50 million. It’s been funded by local businessmen, diaspora, partly by the PL government itself and it’s almost fully funded. We aren’t planning on taking any loans, also what makes Garacad cheaper and more effective than say Bosaso port is that it’s a naturally a deeper port... on to the FGS point and why they were against it, it’s definitely because of Kheyre I presume, he wants a port in his regional state. Hobyo won’t be built because Galmudug is 3 different administrations (that are competing), and it’s not a natural port the costs would be big and that doesn’t include al shabab being a few kilometres away.

Garacad will also be finished by 2021.

They met with the President Mustafe Cagjar and talked about a lot of issues including the Tuurdibi custom and invitation extended to him to visit Puntland which he accepted.

Mustafe Cagjar also extended invitation to Puntland President to visit Somali Region in Ethiopia.

what is Tuurdibi custom ?

Tuurdibi is the official custom entry point to and fro Puntland and Ethiopia like Wajaale once Garacad road to the custom point and the port are finished.

Spin Doctor it is financed by selling of prime real estate land in Gaalkacyo belonging to the government of Somalia and nobody allowed to build on it as it was land marked for public use.

Rich individuals from Zambia paid a lot of money for that land.

The rest will have to be collected from all Somalis and Puntland government will ask for assistance.

I remember attending events for the Wadaagsin road project for Garacad to Goldogob. The port project is also named Wadaagsin.

The project started in early 2000's and I watched VHS recordings which were shared around.

Also we did rounds in the neighbourhoods asking for contributions from the D-block knocking on doors getting whatever donations we could get.

Some Absame donated too. If after two decades the road was not complete how long do you think it will take for the port to be completed.

Everything has a start point, the importance is starting eventually the reward will come.

This project is well on track to be completed in the next 5 years. Biggest and best project in Somalia currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending