Puntland Local Elections 2023 & Presidential Elections 2024

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia at the voting time, I hope each party has 1 representative each telling the voter which box is their party and how to select.

But this must be done only with TPEC supervision and inside the voting hall. I hope we also hand out to voters while their waiting 'sample' voting paper so they can see how it's done properly and once they arrive at voting booth, we can ask them have they read how to 'vote' properly.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@FBIsomalia at the voting time, I hope each party has 1 representative each telling the voter which box is their party and how to select.

But this must be done only with TPEC supervision and inside the voting hall. I hope we also hand out to voters while their waiting 'sample' voting paper so they can see how it's done properly and once they arrive at voting booth, we can ask them have they read how to 'vote' properly.
Put your mind, who win, will be part of presidental elections.

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala

why not just have an unaffiliated staff point the voters to whichever party they'd like to vote for? saves a lot of trouble. when our budget increases we can purchase better election infrastructure and provide each district with enough funding to maintain that infrastructure. Maybe election machines once we have a good literacy rate, but we need checks and balances so no 'outside force' could breach Puntland elections, like having all machines be manufactured in Puntland only just like here in the US.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
why not just have an unaffiliated staff point the voters to whichever party they'd like to vote for? saves a lot of trouble. when our budget increases we can purchase better election infrastructure and provide each district with enough funding to maintain that infrastructure. Maybe election machines once we have a good literacy rate, but we need checks and balances so no 'outside force' could breach Puntland elections, like having all machines be manufactured in Puntland only just like here in the US.

I thought about that approach but why I don't recommend it is, privacy issue. PL is very big about 'privacy voting'. But yeah your approach would work in theory and probably is best, even tho privacy will be compromised.

The faulty votes was around 12% for the 3 districts. We need to bring that down

Last edited:

Velœcity

Bosaaso iyo Qandala
I thought about that approach but why I don't recommend it is, privacy issue. PL is very big about 'privacy voting'. But yeah your approach would work in theory and probably is best, even tho privacy will be compromised.

The faulty votes was around 12% for the 3 districts. We need to bring that down
We should find ways to implement it but with intense cyber-security standards to make it practically impossible for it to be breached, that way it could be fair and secure. obviously im being optimistic here, PL doesnt have enough infrastructure, nor able to fund enough infrastructure to be able to support this. so lets stick with what were doing right now.

and also, the invalid voting being 12% was expected tbf, but that number is gradually decreasing we are getting there Doctor

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia watch that video on PL election process by TPEC Director. He explains it very well. TPEC is transitional and their job is to hold local elections and recognize the 3 parties who win.

The process after that will be taken over by the Puntland election commission which will be created by the PL parties and they will decide whether we hold presidential election(similar to America) or parliamentary elections(parties competing for districts and mp majority) similar to uk/canada/australia.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia I hope the parties next year discuss 'legal modernization' like they did with the security but this time across all our civil/criminal/constitutional//market legal organs.

We need 'written code of law' across civil/criminal/market place and courts managing these.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
All opposition to Mudane Deni's democratization program is hypocritical and self interested. They know that once Deni holds free & fair elections, he will be elected again and his party will sweep everything.

They are qabil obsessed politicians unable to see the bigger picture.
Correct, Deni is making us proud on this coming elections

Trending

Latest posts