Puntland Is It The Richest Region In Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Is Puntland the richest region in Somalia. Please check out the word bank studies!!! This theme keeps coming back quite regularly in every report regarding economic situation of different regions.

http://documents.worldbank.org/cura...Poverty-Profile-Update-4-27-November-2017.pdf

DU9_bxoVAAAggWd.jpg:large

http://documents.worldbank.org/cura...Poverty-Profile-Update-4-27-November-2017.pdf

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I've seen this point being raised quite a-lot in social media and forums, that Puntland is doing the best in terms of economy as compared to other regions? What is your view? I wouldn't of raised it up if it was just one or two but it's a persistent theme that is repeating itself in each studies!!!

What's ya'll views on this matter and please drop the clan pride and ignorance, we just want facts not emotions!!!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Literacy Rates aren't all that different!!! Huge difference in terms of water. Mog has high number cause it's only 1 city, where-as PL is covering a vast region and has improved water access too 70% of it's whole region.

2mz05th.jpg

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Why don't puntites claim sanaag and sooo when it comes to economics.
:gucciwhat:
Sanaag and sool are probs worse than south Somalia
:liberaltears:

Becuase the people of Sool and Sanaag are a bunch of piss poor beggars, that have an entitled culture, of things to be done and given to them.

Bohol

VIP
Sanaag and Sool don't have airports or functioning ports. Where will they get the revenue?
also aid is usually stolen in the name of those regions. Sanaag is similar to Togdheer
though not as bad as Sool (poorest region) in the north.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It seems Sool and Sanaag are what is dragging down the numbers in SL

Mind you South Mudug is lumped with PL so could affect it's score, but even without Sool and Sanag the NW poverty map doesn't look encouraging at all!!! But why is PL doing better economically, I don't get it? The govt isn't any more wonderful then other Govts in Somalia?

Is it the people are more pro-active then other Somalis? I've heard others in PL say PL has good people but a shitty govt, is there some truth to that?

Last edited:
The source for all of these estimates are 'author's calculation'. Hardly a powerful basis for the claims being made in a context of such information thinness.

Cotton Eyed Joe

More law, less justice.
VIP
The source for all of these estimates are 'author's calculation'. Hardly a powerful basis for the claims being made in a context of such information thinness.
Amazing isn't it how these uneducated charlatans can dispute a report of this magnitude with no response at all. I would love to see you dispute how the methodology of the report.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Amazing isn't it how these uneducated charlatans can dispute a report of this magnitude with no response at all. I would love to see you dispute how the methodology of the report.

I have heard that you will see some pretty low stuff in mogadishu or hargeisa, especially what one will do for money and you won't find it in PL. For example carrying people's bag for money is well known in mogadishu and hargeisa and unknown in PL. For example being a cook or a waiter or other menial type of work is unknown in PL. They got yemenis in bosaso doing that stuff or other clans and in garowe u see pakistanis and indians carrying out those functions.

It's just suprising cause these reports regardless of source that come out are constantly repeating the same theme that PL has less poverty, so I had to pay attention now. It's just to repetitive t o ignore any longer.

You are someone who is not worth the effort. I will let you believe Puntland is the 'richest' something, if you think that word is appropriate in east Africa, and allow you to continue to reference GDP in the region, as though this is a measure which is meaningful in a context without a developed economy. I wouldn't take pride in saying my country is richer than yours, as there is too much to be done, and the World Bank don't have field researchers who collect information on a consistent enough basis for me to be confident in their findings. Read the page below to know some of my concerns.

What I do take pride in, is the fact that Somaliland is stronger than poor, weak Puntland, whose soldiers run at the first sight of confrontation.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 19.30.19.png

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You are someone who is not worth the effort. I will let you believe Puntland is the 'richest' something, if you think that word is appropriate in east Africa, and allow you to continue to reference GDP in the region, as though this is a measure which is meaningful in a context without a developed economy. I wouldn't take pride in saying my country is richer than yours, as there is too much to be done, and the World Bank don't have field researchers who collect information on a consistent enough basis for me to be confident in their findings. Read the page below to know some of my concerns.

What I do take pride in, is the fact that Somaliland is stronger than poor, weak Puntland, whose soldiers run at the first sight of confrontation.

View attachment 37827

I think that introduction point is refuting the argument your raising which is a straw-man fallacy. They are saying no national study or research can be viewed as legitimate if it doesn't take into consideration variables such as poor people, illiteracy, abadoned, homeless, hungry, the sick. It's saying if these variables are not accounted for it will be very problematic to provide any economic guide to regions and their development needs because what are you going to develop if you don't basically know where the problems are. This study clearly then presents a case study on all those variables and therefore saying how legitimate it's research is and should be taken as a guide to development policies for each region.

I am pretty sure @Cotton Eyed Joe is going to respond furiously at you brother, because I haven't even read what comes after that introduction and I am sure he will, I am just giving you the heads up on the straw-man fallacy you presented!!!

No, it's not a straw man, I'm saying research cannot be conducted in these challenging conditions which raises reliable findings, check the paper I attached. I am talking about their research, not the policy findings. World Bank's policy recommendations are almost uniformly disastrous, applying Washington Consensus recommendations without regional accommodations and without understanding of how to leverage existing social institutions. Read the page I attached above. He can believe what he wants to anyway, I just find it funny.

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
When I went Puntland I noticed there were many maids from somaliland and most of those doing the guys doing menial jobs were from somaliland.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP

View attachment 37827
How is somaliland army more powerful tukaraq belongs to dhulbhante it’s their right to support somaliland if they so choose and if you think Puntland will attack dhulbhante on their own land then you have another thing coming we are not the aggressors and we don’t require other tribes land for icitiraaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending