Puntland Government to protect the use of Af-Somali on public signs.

We need to bring back the old Majeerteenia writing script "Osmaniya". Just because Somalia's government decided to use latin script, it doesn't mean we cannot use it in our state, even if it's just for public signs and as a second writing script.

We should not lose our heritage.

220px-Ciismaniya.jpg

Som

VIP
This is to combat the use of foreign languages on shops, even if they wish to use a foreign language, the law will be to make sure Af-Somali is on the same sign and in dominant/more prominent than the foreign language.

They should start by replacing arabic, nobody speaks arabic as a native language in Somalia not even benadiris and descendants of yemeni immigrants

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I mean if we are talking about traditional scripts, Somalis were using the Arabic script the longest.

Also, Arabic is the language of Somali academia. One of the main reasons, we never had a widespread standardised script was because Arabic was the lingua-franca for the educated until 1950's.

I personally do not care if we change our script or national languages in the future but don't give a false history of Somalia.

I mean if we are talking about traditional scripts, Somalis were using the Arabic script the longest.

Also, Arabic is the language of Somali academia. One of the main reasons, we never had a widespread standardised script was because Arabic was the lingua-franca for the educated until 1950's.

I personally do not care if we change our script or national languages in the future but don't give a false history of Somalia.
We have used Latin for the last 50 years, forget about Arabic.