Puntland Agriculture and Food Production Thread

Puntland is rich in many resources, fish and dates are two major things the government should push for to diversify the economy. There's already some progress since the last drought that handicapped Somalia's overall economy but local farmers should be encouraged and helped.

DogsxmEWsAAxi0m.jpg:large
41723646_2155584167785471_5320841743845818368_o.jpg
CbufSAcWIAA_9YV.jpg
BHrV6TpCAAA_KWf.jpg:large
CbufUsHW8AAUSkV.jpg

The EU has pledged to inject 8 Million dollars in the Puntland Date Farming industry. Puntland is the only region in Somalia that produces dates. Do any other East African countries produce dates? This can become a huge industry employing many people.

Imagine all the factories that can produce date products.

timir2-300x225.jpg

BHrV6TpCAAA_KWf.jpg

CryAABcWEAEi4iw.jpg

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
The EU has pledged to inject 8 Million dollars in the Puntland Date Farming industry. Puntland is the only region in Somalia that produces dates. Do any other East African countries produce dates? This can become a huge industry employing many people.

Imagine all the factories that can produce date products.

timir2-300x225.jpg

BHrV6TpCAAA_KWf.jpg

CryAABcWEAEi4iw.jpg
Seems like everyone in puntland are investing in date farms, nice farms
8BE48942-0590-4C96-B00C-E41F14497D9E.jpeg

@MSGA

Farming is booming in Puntland. I still remember those pictures of Puntland before and after the civil war, our daljoog are incredibly resilient and industrious people. :it0tdo8:

Products that can be made in Puntland using dates

main.jpg

Date Sugar
Date chips
Date paste
date/energy bars/balls
Date syrup
Date cakes
Date cookies
Data halwad

These products can have a long shelf-life which is needed because there may be more supply than demand for normal dates. I wonder if Somalis still import dates from abroad..

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

I am not sure why we are concerned with farming, it's being done all over the world, your just making our people enter an industry where there is to many suppliers. It's like going for a job where the industry is full of qualified people, the salary is going to be less. For example 'mcdonald'. The reason the salary is 'less' is they can 'hire' anyone to do it since it's a common skill. With farming this is the same, the supply is all over the world, your forcing our people to enter an industry that is similar to mcdonalds in the city.

What is the fascination about 'farming' and Africans? your living a lifestyle that has been around for 10,000 years. The produces of farming is cheap, it's not even 'livestock' which is expensive in the world market as 'meat' sells far more by the 'kilo' then 'tomatos'. Shame on you PL govt, Shame. Don't cry like those African nations who are all farmers and asking why Africa is poor. The reason your poor is your in engaged in an industry that is considered 'low skilled' like Mcdonalds workers are.

If anything if you want to give our nomads a 'secondary industry' create programs for 'seasonal' fishing as supplementary industry. At least by the kilo of fish it's far more then 'green vegetables'. The time/effort involved is far less in fishing then in Farming. In farming the water costs, the intervals in season, the yield in produce, and market value will mean he spent 6 months producing a 'tonne' of tomatos. Per day his income will be less then 1 dollar a day. What a waste. This is economics guided by 'popular opinion or urban myths' of 'farmers living in janno'. That's a MYTH, it's not 'measurable science' putting farming as the lowest sector in mankind because the supply of farmer outstrips t he 'demand' in consumption, they treat them like mcdonald workers paying them pennies for their produce and they end up being poor and never owning an asset in a lifetime.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@FBIsomalia Waryaa Ali Saleman I am still furious at that stunt u pulled in Bosaso.

I checked online prices for Tomato in Australia. It's 50 cents per each tomato, while a kilo is 8 tomato. That's 4 dollars per the kilo. Ya Duli Ali Saleman dadkeena ka badbadi waxani ama wayna caynayan aduunka in waqtikeena waxani gelino which is fuels their 'racism' that we produce nothing the world hasn't got already due to our lack of academia and targetting 'high skilled' industries.

If that is 4 kilo, per the tonne which is 1000 kilo your looking at 4 x 1000 kilos. That's 4k bro. Trust me that's at the 'retail' store, the store would've bought the 'tomato' cheaper then what their selling in the store. Assume half price. So the farmer really produced 2000 dollars over what sort of time period? Farming isn't quick in time/effort like fishing lol. It relies on seasons, rains, harvest, and even the seeds can take up to 2 months to 'yield' anything. Plus look at how 'small' that plot size is lol. There is no way he is yielding 'large' on that sort of 'acre'. This is 'individual' orientated not 'mass scale' cause the land size is a huge 'factor'

Anyways still are u going to waste our ppl time pursuing an industry that rewards them 2k for 2-3 m onths worth of work before they 'yield'? u wanna work out what that means over a day for him? 2k/2 months? that's $30 dollars. That's not 'including all the costs of water, maintaince, transport to market place, or any other overhead costs' this nigga lucky to walk away with 10 dollars a day. Plus this is sophisticated 'market'' place in Australia. Your talking Somalia. So drop that 10 dollars to 2 dollars a day. He will cover his 'food' needs only not have any 'savings' to buy an asset or investment to assist our economy grow. Unfortunately our society doesn't like 'maths' they prefer what 'somalida kale samaynayan' kkkkk war ninkasi kuma shaqayo nidaamka aduunka lagu shaqayo oo hisaab ah

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
@FBIsomalia Waryaa Ali Saleman I am still furious at that stunt u pulled in Bosaso.

I checked online prices for Tomato in Australia. It's 50 cents per each tomato, while a kilo is 8 tomato. That's 4 dollars per the kilo. Ya Duli Ali Saleman dadkeena ka badbadi waxani ama wayna caynayan aduunka in waqtikeena waxani gelino which is fuels their 'racism' that we produce nothing the world hasn't got already due to our lack of academia and targetting 'high skilled' industries.

If that is 4 kilo, per the tonne which is 1000 kilo your looking at 4 x 1000 kilos. That's 4k bro. Trust me that's at the 'retail' store, the store would've bought the 'tomato' cheaper then what their selling in the store. Assume half price. So the farmer really produced 2000 dollars over what sort of time period? Farming isn't quick in time/effort like fishing lol. It relies on seasons, rains, harvest, and even the seeds can take up to 2 months to 'yield' anything. Plus look at how 'small' that plot size is lol. There is no way he is yielding 'large' on that sort of 'acre'. This is 'individual' orientated not 'mass scale' cause the land size is a huge 'factor'

Anyways still are u going to waste our ppl time pursuing an industry that rewards them 2k for 2-3 m onths worth of work before they 'yield'? u wanna work out what that means over a day for him? 2k/2 months? that's $30 dollars. That's not 'including all the costs of water, maintaince, transport to market place, or any other overhead costs' this nigga lucky to walk away with 10 dollars a day. Plus this is sophisticated 'market'' place in Australia. Your talking Somalia. So drop that 10 dollars to 2 dollars a day. He will cover his 'food' needs only not have any 'savings' to buy an asset or investment to assist our economy grow. Unfortunately our society doesn't like 'maths' they prefer what 'somalida kale samaynayan' kkkkk war ninkasi kuma shaqayo nidaamka aduunka lagu shaqayo oo hisaab ah
By the way the report from garowe.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I wouldn't pay much attention to some clown's overly simplistic evaluation. Look at the assumptions he makes.

Hang on are u saying I can't quantify someone 'effort/time' and product against market value? we know what this farmer is producing and we know what global prices are. I am not sure of local prices because we are not a nation of 'data' since 'data' is only achieve thru 'structures', we live in a fuckin 'vacuum' waryaa that's why there is no data on our nation let alone measurements.

I quantified this guy time/effort/product and market value and based on 'taxation rate' from PL govt, I can work out per person what taxes this person can give and it's pennies cause if he is getting 2k over 2 month, that's using 'global standard', the reality is more close to 1k over 2 month, what sort of taxes and benefits financially are there for the govt? are u suggesting we then set up a pilot project to get millions of puntites into such a low return industry. Nigga I eat get it, but I don't go to 'farms' and work the fucking soil. I buy it. Let PL export these cheap sector work. What we need is 'economist' who work on figures. We need too identify the most 'expensive ' market products globally and locally and focus our people industries towards there, larger taxation revenue for the govt, plus it lifts up our people salary at the same time to allow for further investments such as home purchases that will boost our construction industry or investments in companies as shareholders which means an 'emerging 'stock market.

War iga tag with your porch monkey views, no wonder whites call us 'go get me a watermelon or kfc' looooooool cause that's all u known for sitting out there on the farm doing the least rewarding industry of mankind and u wonder why people call u a slave? u haven't worked out mentally 'why' am I wasting my time doing mcdonald work when I can be doing something more lucrative. Farming is MCDONALD work of global economy, u don't know how to research 'market value of goods' you just go around thinking 'waa janno beero' nah it aint NIGGA not FINANCIALLY. That's why their 3rd world cause they waste their time on 3rd world industries when they cud simply import it while investing in high return industries for workers and tax returns. But we lack the leadership because we don't even have 'structures' to provide mathamatical advice.

Trending

Latest posts