Puntland: declares Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRACO

VIP
Puntland state has declared a emergency due to drought . Puntland state is appealing for international donor funds help alleviate the effect of it . 70% of puntland mass is in the extreme drought stage and is unlikely to see rain for the next 5 months .

#Prayers

IMG_5770.jpg

Most of the drought in puntland is in sanaag and Sool.Not in mudug and Bari.Famines are man made and that is what puntland should try to avert by being more aid into sanaag ( Eastern) and Sool.Interestingly both these places are claimed by somaliland, more investments in sanaag and Sool are needed but they are often over looked for the more lucrative West.I think around 50k died in sanaag drought.

SSC residents , feel free to correct me.

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
:what1: trying to score points on the famine that affected all? SL was one of the hardest hit areas where 80% of livestocks were wiped out. Really abaayo?

These new ciyaals to the game waa bunch of xoolos walle:reallymaury:

Last edited:

DRACO

VIP
:what1: trying to score points on the famine that affected all? Idooria was one of the hardest hit areas where 80% of livestocks were wiped out. Really abaayo?

These new ciyaals to the game waa bunch of xoolos walle:reallymaury:
I just posted the news ,Don't try politicize everything , I said I'm praying 4 affected people .

World

VIP
Drought in Somalia has become a yearly occurrence f*ck my life. It used to happen once every 15-20 years just 3 decades ago, and people would recover easily after 2 good back to back seasons, but now we’re seeing the worst droughts in over 60 years happening annually. Nomadism gotta go, it’s just not sustainable anymore.

World

VIP
Most of the drought in puntland is in sanaag and Sool.Not in mudug and Bari.Famines are man made and that is what puntland should try to avert by being more aid into sanaag ( Eastern) and Sool.Interestingly both these places are claimed by somaliland, more investments in sanaag and Sool are needed but they are often over looked for the more lucrative West.I think around 50k died in sanaag drought.

SSC residents , feel free to correct me.
Do you know what the definition of a drought is? Here:

“A drought is a period of below-average precipitation in a given region, resulting in prolonged shortages in the water supply, whether atmospheric, surface water or ground water.”

So how can you say that Bari or Mudug don’t experience drought? Are you saying that they are receiving sufficient amount of precipitation in comparison to Sool and Sanaag? The answer to that is no. Puntland and Somaliland’s involvement in SSC is purely militarily and SSC is suffering as a result. Aid agencies and UN are banned or discouraged from entering the region, as is food aid. The regions are pretty much ungoverned/lawless and haven’t been ruled since 1991 unlike Bari/Mudug/Waqooyi Galbeed which the international community have been aiding since the inception of their respective clan states.

The situation north of Gaalkacyo isn’t as dire as in the South though, and I doubt more than 1000 people died in all of PL+SL combined let alone the 50k figure you used just for Sanaag.

O
Do you know what the definition of a drought is? Here:

“A drought is a period of below-average precipitation in a given region, resulting in prolonged shortages in the water supply, whether atmospheric, surface water or ground water.”

So how can you say that Bari or Mudug don’t experience drought? Are you saying that they are receiving sufficient amount of precipitation in comparison to Sool and Sanaag? The answer to that is no. Puntland and Somaliland’s involvement in SSC is purely militarily and SSC is suffering as a result. Aid agencies and UN are banned or discouraged from entering the region, as is food aid. The regions are pretty much ungoverned/lawless and haven’t been ruled since 1991 unlike Bari/Mudug/Waqooyi Galbeed which the international community have been aiding since the inception of their respective clan states.

The situation north of Gaalkacyo isn’t as dire as in the South though, and I doubt more than 1000 people died in all of PL+SL combined let alone the 50k figure you used just for Sanaag.
Oh I meant famine,Bari and mudug Avery famines through local governance etc.

I will look for the UN picture of deaths throughout Somalia due to drought.I swear I saw 50k or maybe that was those in dire need.

World

VIP
O

Oh I meant famine,Bari and mudug Avery famines through local governance etc.

I will look for the UN picture of deaths throughout Somalia due to drought.I swear I saw 50k or maybe that was those in dire need.
Most likely those who are in dire need. There is no way even a tenth of that number died in PL and SL combined.

waraabe

Your superior
may Allah help gobolka puntland ee somalia. What the weird thing is that the puntlanders are attacking @draco malfoy for posting this news about the drought :francis:

seems puntlanders care more about their fake image rather than their own people

BOSASO, Somalia (Reuters) - Somalia’s semi-autonomous region of Puntland declared a state of emergency on Tuesday and appealed for food and water because of shortages triggered by a severe drought.

2017126636481175646306355drought.jpg

Puntland’s government said 34,000 households across the region are affected by the drought due to the failure of successive rainy seasons.

Puntland “launched a wide-ranging humanitarian appeal to secure food, water and other resources for the affected region,” a government statement said. It said 70 percent of the area faced extreme drought and was unlikely to receive rain for five months.

Militant attacks in Puntland are rare compared to the rest of Somalia mainly because its security forces are relatively regularly paid and receive substantial U.S. assistance.

But this year there has been an upsurge in violence as al Shabaab and a splinter group linked to Islamic State have attacked government troops.

saywalahi

Xamar Living
as the population continues to grow somalia will be in more danger. unless we start importing in heavy supply or we will be doomed.

is there any chance for somali to be green again? i think deforestation (dhuxu&l nomads) is the reason why there is desertification.

god help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts