Puntland Agriculture Potential

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

PL can grow any type of fruit/vegetable even coffee grows in Calmadow. Deni is promoting we need to begin packaging and processing plants for our produces for local and global markets so we can increase our GDP. PL must not rely on foreign imports, especially in 'food security' sectors.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
My suggestion to Puntites is we need to map the location and hectare size of fertile land across all Puntland. We then need to look at 'water sources' under-ground and select one 'big field' for various food production. Right now we are creating small to medium fields all across PL, we are doubling on water digging, wasting land resources. Once we do that we can use green-house or drip-technology to ensure no water waste or evaporation. I prefer drip-technology becuz you can scale to industrial level and only using 'droplets' of water meaning we don't need large amount of 'water wells'

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I agree with Deni we have a bad work culture in PL. We sleep during the day and awake at night talking nonsensical clan politics like that silly dahir calasow dude, not a single topic he produces is beneficial on progress, we need to eliminate and shame those ppl in Puntland, they are holding us back from large investment. The world is busy working hard to buy assets like homes, cars, technology, while our ppl do not have hanti and waste time on nonsense.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The most important economic model is what we will do with our 'urban population'. Rural economics ayaanu daba jognaa weli(agriculture, fishery, mining, frankincense) that is fine to create hard currency from this for rural people but what about the city people. City people need 'skills' to turn natural resources into products or services. We need to discuss what is our city economic model going to be?

I suggest put them into hospitality courses so they can create cafes/restaurants, I suggest we invite factories to create housing materials like furniture, gates, beds, lounges. We must invest in a course for them how to value add from natural resources. Cities must value add, they can't farm, fish, etc, the only cycle of the rural chain they can be engaged is 'processing plants'. We need that but it shouldn't be the cities main economic driver.

Entrepeneurship is what we need in our cities. We should have call center sector for major western brands in Puntland, that's why english needs to be a main language.

Trending