punishment for apostasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats your opinion on leaving islam? I think it is wrong to give death penalty to apostates. It is supposed to be between allah and him. Forcing people to stay as muslim is only going to make the situation worse. And in quran it is written that the one wants believe or disbelieve,then let him. And it is also written "no compulsion in religion"

Jeesto

VIP
The death penalty only exists in some parts of the muslim world. Some families allow one of their members to kill if another member of the family leaves Islam in places like in Afghanistan and the M.E. I totally agree with you on not to force people or kill them for not being muslims(which is against Islam). I personally believe that every person is capable of making their own choices and can pave their own paths with the help of education and knowledge. I also believe that the government(s) of the Somali inhabited areas should not mix religion, politics and culture together. Those three are important in some cases for some people and they can still have them in their personal lives but shouldn't force it on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.