Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in the Bible?

As-Salaamu-Alaikum

I’ve complied some evidence on the fact that Prophet Muhammad was prophesied in the Bible. This is a very interesting topic I’ve decided to dwell in recently and would like anyone who is well versed in Religions to check.

But before we look at the evidences, we have to establish that the evidences of future events are very seldom black and white. Meaning you have to read them carefully in order to understand what is being said and there has to be some thinking involved. But when you do pay attention to them, it becomes evident very quickly.

First things first, was Jesus (PBUH) Christ, the last Prophet, or at the time of Jesus (PBUH), were they expecting another Prophet? Lets see the evidence.

1) Was there another Prophet to come besides Jesus(pbuh)?​

John 1

[19] And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
The priests didn't know who John was, meaning they didn't understand what status John held considering he was baptizing people. So they asked him he was.

[20] And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
John accepted that he had a high status, hence he was baptizing people, yet he made it very clear that he wasn't the Christ.

[21] And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
The Jews asked him if he was "Elias", he said no, but the next question is really the key here. "Art thou that prophet". John already cleared himself of being the Christ, which clearly shows that besides the Christ, they were expecting another Prophet. This question wasn't a mistake, because they ask him again:

[25] And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
It wasn't a mistake, and considering John didn't dismiss the idea of "that prophet", it's clear that they were waiting for a Prophet besides Christ. We as Muslims clearly accept Jesus(pbuh) as the Christ, but lets find out who this Prophet(pbuh) is.

I could go into evidence from the Bible, where Jesus(pbuh) describes characteristics of "that prophet", or the Prophet(pbuh) to come, but lets go into evidence of who this Prophet(pbuh) is, even though this evidence and characteristics from Jesus(pbuh) points directly at the Prophet(pbuh).

2) Evidence which shows "that Prophet" is the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)​

It's important to note, that the Arabians did not have a habit of Prophets(pbut) arising from amongst them. Between Ismail(pbuh) and the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), there were no Prophets, where as between Isaac(pbuh) and Jesus(pbuh), there were many many Prophets(pbut). Which shows that it is uncharacteristic for an Arab to suddenly claim Prophethood.

In addition, before the arrival of the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), there were Jews in Medina, and they used to taunt the Arabs about how they were expecting a Prophet(pbuh), as per their books, who was to arrive and who would help the Jews against them. Let's take a look at the evidence the Jews were referring to.

Isaiah 42

[1] Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
At the get go, God firmly establishes that not only is this individual a "servant", meaning one that does what God wants, but God provides support to this individual and God as chosen this individual. From this verse, no one can deny that this individual is God's chosen servant and that God himself upholds and supports this individual.

The next few verses describe this individual but pay attention to who this individual will come:

[6] I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Majority of the Prophets(pbut) had come to the Jews, to guide the Jews, and were Jews, just as Jesus(pbuh) was and according to the Bible said he was, but this one, God is establishing, will come to the Non-Jews. God is clearly changing the dynamics here, from the Jews being the chosen people for the Prophets(pbut), to now the Gentiles being the chosen for the beloved.

[10] Sing unto the Lord a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.
What does it mean to "sing a new song"? For example we say "he changed his tune", which means he changes his opinion. So when God says to "sing unto the Lord a new song", it means that this person will come with a new message, different to what was there before. A new message that is for the entire world, not just for the Jews.

This next verse is clear that it's the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh), because this description fits no other individual in the history of the place ever.

[11] Let the wilderness and the cities thereof lift up their voice, the villages that Kedar doth inhabit: let the inhabitants of the rock(Sela) sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.
From this verse we learn a few things:

a) This Prophet(pbuh) will be from Arabia

The exact area of where the Prophet(pbuh) will come is given, "the villages of Kedar". Kedar, is the son of Ismail(pbuh), and Ismail(pbuh), along with his son Kedar inhabited Arabia. Meaning this Prophet(pbuh) will come from Arabia.

b) The people of Sela (Modern day Medina) will rejoice for this Prophet(pbuh)

In Arabia, where is this area is known as "Sela", because the verse states the inhabitants of "Sela" will sing. If you look at Arabia, there is only one place known, even at that time, as Sela. If you do a google search, you'll be lead to this place. Where? None other than Medina, where there is a mountain known as Sela.

In other words, God is clearly stating that his beloved will be praised and rejoiced in the city of Medina. There is only one Prophet(pbuh) in History that was praised in Medina, to such an extent one of the songs sang for him on the day of his arrival, is still sung today, and that is the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

The more you read on, the more the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) fits the description.

[16] And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
The Prophet(pbuh) taught the Arabs a religion they didn't know about and were guided to a path they had not experienced before. Look at the description of the people that clearly fits the Meccan Pagans :

[17] They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.
They were Pagans who used to worship idols, which is a clear description of the people that Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) came to.

It's clear that the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) is mentioned in the Bible, and God also mentions in the last 3 verses of Isaiah 42, a warning to those who don't accept this Prophet, the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

[23] Who among you will give ear to this? who will hearken and hear for the time to come?
[24] Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law.
[25] Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of his anger, and the strength of battle: and it hath set him on fire round about, yet he knew not; and it burned him, yet he laid it not to heart

Very interesting points you mentioned but none of us here are experts on the scriptures, especially the Bible. It's good to be cautious when approaching passages in the Bible because even the Christians themselves have been led astray in misinterpretation.

Very interesting points you mentioned but none of us here are experts on the scriptures, especially the Bible. It's good to be cautious when approaching passages in the Bible because even the Christians themselves have been led astray in misinterpretation.
I agree. It’s kinda pointless if you ask me to bring evidence of the Prophet being prophesied in the Bible because it’s been edited many times over the course of 2,000 years. I was simply pointing this out for any Christians to try denying this as they both deny their book being an edited model and the fact that the Seal of the Prophets was clearly prophesied in their book.