President HSM meets with Abiye Ahmed in Ethiopia.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
They won't lift the arms embargo. HSM is handing out weapons to tribes.

:mjlol:
They will have to tbh. ATMIS is leaving soon and Russia China and U.S. support lifting arms embargo. U.K. and France were the holdouts but will have no choice in 2024.

Ethiopia was against the lifting of the arms embargo and had an effect on IC but with regional differences reducing and increased cooperation this is good news. I’m unaware of Kenya position

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
They will have to tbh. ATMIS is leaving soon and Russia China and U.S. support lifting arms embargo. U.K. and France were the holdouts but will have no choice in 2024.

Ethiopia was against the lifting of the arms embargo and had an effect on IC but with regional differences reducing and increased cooperation this is good news. I’m unaware of Kenya position
Saying it publicly and doing it is different. There could have been at least a partial lift if it was the SNA but what we have learned is that the SNA does not exist otherwise the government would not rely on tribal militias. It's a setback anyone can see it. Abiy Ahmed is telling HSM what he wants to hear before sending him on his merry way.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Saying it publicly and doing it is different. There could have been at least a partial lift if it was the SNA but what we have learned is that the SNA does not exist otherwise the government would not rely on tribal militias. It's a setback anyone can see it. Abiy Ahmed is telling HSM what he wants to hear before sending him on his merry way.
Between the two, I believe Abiy wanted this visit more. It’s clear how he received HSM that he has climbed down from his original aggressive policy after it failed.

I’m not surprised after HSM Biden meeting, joining EAC, Egypt’s rumoured deployment, successful Shabaab operations, Tigray war, Abiy quickly changed course realising NN is a dead political party and can’t afford an aggressive Somalia.

Good for both countries, cooperating like two sovereign nations is much better than the puppet we were last 5 years.