Potential win-win solution for CO2 in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
I would like to propose an idea that would reduce CO2, cool the planet and promote farming and civilization in desolate areas, with power consumption being the trade off. What if we captured carbon-dioxide, turned it into dry ice and put it in giant refrigerated aluminum containers, and left them in the Sahara desert and other hot places? Water vapor would condense on the outside of (heat flows from hot to cool places), providing some water in the process. This would support farming and civilization in the desert, helping with the problem of population overcrowding and resource competition.

It takes collaboration, research and willpower on the part of governments and industry but it certainly can be done. Everyone benefits and all we have to do is put in a little to get a lot in return.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Drip Technology is the best. It's very cheap and effective. All you need to do is dig a well, connect a long vertical hose and run it down vertically, similar to how they digging the fibre cable in Somalia and then connect smaller horizontal hoses onto the vertical hose. All you really need is a-lot of hoses which is quite cheap.
images

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
We really need to discuss this issue of farming. A nation needs to feed itself first before endeavouring into 'development'. There is no point in putting 100% focus on infrastructure or job creation when the people are seriously lacking a 'steady and secure' food or water supply. Can you imagine a man who is hungry or thirsty is going to work? it's just not possible.

Imagine If a person is sick or has no access to medical care due to lack of facilities or capacity do you think that person can work? Being sick, hungry, thirsty are the first things we need to cure. Once that is addressed, we can move onto other areas like education and job creation. But we must learn to crawl first before we run is my view.

It appears there is a serious plan to address the water aspect in Puntland, but I honestly do not see much happening in the health or food supply sector.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If those dams are successfully implemented through-out Puntland, I see a potential end to the crisis in water and we maybecome self-sufficient in our water needs across the whole region and that is a very positive sign. The next goal should be food security, rather then running to beletwayne or the south for our food supply, we should start thinking about cheap and effective ways to address our food supply. Imagine there is a war between the south or puntland? imagine they cut our life-line and say your can't come here anymore for food?

The Farole administration seems to have address this issue by opening up a food supply route to Ethiopia through Galdogob, thinking by diversifying their food supplies to two different areas they can not be held hostage by any 1 group. But at the end of day I think it's not a wise move to put your food supply or any critical infrastructure in the hands of some other nation or region, it's potential suicide. Food-Water-Roads-Sky-Ports-Airports-Electricity or anything which can u cripple your stability in the hands of another nation. It's just crazy truly. You can see what happened to Qatar as a clear example on how dependence on critical parts of your society in the hands of another nation can effectively kill you when you disagree with that said nation. It's not just national disagreements. Disagreements can occur even at regional levels within somalia and a similar thing can occurr.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
All Puntland would need to do is really just calculate how much hectares of land is needed to provide enough food for the population and then diversify it so it's not hostage or turns into a single point of failure to one area within the state. Once they figure out the needed land, they should scout water supply spots within the state and soil that is suitable for irrigation. Then begin calculating the funding required to achieve the objectives. Once they figure that out they can begin planning a funding approach needed. Funding sources can be sourced from a mixed source such as ngos, foreign governments, local contributions, or public/private partnerships with domestic or foreign companies.

There really needs to be some sort of 'regional' plan to turn the state self sufficient in it's food supply like the minister of environment is planning his route for the state to become water sufficient. At the moment the ministry of agriculture is just doing 'individual' level farming not mass scale farming initatives. He hands out a few tractors here and there and farming equipment. This is like the approach the previous minister of environment took with water shortages by applying band-aid fixes such as 'water trucking'. It's quite amazing how a good leader in a ministry can deliver far more powerful outcomes then another minister, you can just see the approaches both ministry of agriculture and environment are taking to address their key areas and the impacts each will leave to the state.

Sorry for the ranting everyone, but I am very passionate talking about these crucial things that can change our nation and head us towards achieving indepedency in critical lifelines within our society.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is what u call a visionary leader, you can tell he is because he is addressing the whole water crisis strategically by placing dams. He isn't returning to the water trucking approach or the band-aid fixes anymore which most ministries in Puntland operate under. I hope he gets re-appointed to a big ministry, he deserves it. Just like Juxa reformed Puntland educational curriculum and turned it to be the best in all of Somalia. Before he came it was a damn mess and the quality of education was poor standard.

5I2A0853.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would tell gaas to get rid of all the ministers except the minister of environment, all those other ministers do is band-aid fixes constantly. They come up with no idea to turn their priority areas for self sufficiency. They just run around putting out fires constantly but never addressing the root cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.