Post the number of hours you will have to fast in your place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have to fast approximately 15 hours. Back when I used to live in Scandinavia, people only had to fast around 9 hours. Now they have to fast upto 22 hours. :obamatell:

would you be okay if you had to give +40% more zakah or do more reps during each prayer and go twice to mekkah compared to people from other countries? :ftw9nwa:

would you be okay if you had to give +40% more zakah or do more reps during each prayer and go twice to mekkah compared to people from other countries? :ftw9nwa:
The harder it is to fast, the more reward you get since you have to be more patient.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I will have to fast approximately 15 hours. Back when I used to live in Scandinavia, people only had to fast around 9 hours. Now they have to fast upto 22 hours. :obamatell:
18 hours here and you were most likely observing Ramadhan under a different season back then.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
Ramadan in the winter doesn't seem like a ramadan though. We used to break our fast around 4pm back in the early 2000s.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I don't mind the hours, I just dislike hot weather. Ain't got time to be melting like a malteser.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Ramadan in the winter doesn't seem like a ramadan though. We used to break our fast around 4pm back in the early 2000s.

Great times those were. 4pm afur time and few hours later taraweeh. Now taraweeh finishes way past midnight.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I don't mind the hours, I just dislike hot weather. Ain't got time to be melting like a malteser.

I feel bad for people who work in construction or other xamaali jobs for 8-10 hours a day.

Last year some lady in my neighbourhood collapsed in the middle of the day due to dehydration.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I feel bad for people who work in construction or other xamaali jobs for 8-10 hours a day.

Last year some lady in my neighbourhood collapsed in the middle of the day due to dehydration.
That's sad yo, I had a case two years ago where the hot weather somehow caused my airways to contract?
I thought it was symptom of hayfever and tried to sleep it off. Woke up and I could barely draw breath.

Like every other Somali I put some of this on and went back to sleep:
vapor-rub.jpg

VapoRub let me down...
:chrisfreshhah::dead:
I was rushed to hospital fam, spent the night with wax waalan that kept running around with their fluid bag.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
At least you men don't have other work waiting for you. Making afur and casho then suxuur is double the work we have done the whole day.

I wonder how working people used make their afur during winter ramadan. By the time my mum and I finish work and get home its already 6:30.

@somebody
There is a requirement to do ramadan to be considered muslim. If you dont make the hrs you simply failed and werent a good muslim. This is because islam has a geologic centre it was made for (aka arab overlords)

Compare it to the rest though
1. Go to saudi arabia at least once if you have the money
2. Pray 5 times (extras for more point or compensating poor prayer form).
3. Give to the poor. There is a percentage somehow to correct for differences in annual income. Imagine if their was a 5k cutoff for zakah for
everyone and if you didnt make it that year you weren a good muslim :sass2:

:patrice:
So basically ramadan should have a timer to offset difference in basic muslim requirement. If a swedish muslim has to do 20hr he still fails if he doesnt make past 18hrs. He gets nothing :wow:even though he pulled 2x time more weight than el ahmadi bin eatin in some arab country. And please dont hit me with the "you get more point though for the struggle" because you have to struggle to even get to the point it matters. So either islam was made for saudia arabia or islam wasnt meant to go international.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending