POLL: What region(s) of Somaliweyne are you/your family from?

Which region?

• Somaliland

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • Puntland

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Djibouti

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Ogaden/Somali Galbeed

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • NFD/Kenya

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Xamar/Benadir

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Mudug/middle Somalia

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Deep South (Juba, Gedo etc)

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Sool/Sanaag/Cayn

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Awdal

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Kamaal

Sidii roon Raba og
I think it’s because MJ’s dominate qurbaha. The first Somali to graduate from an ivy league school (Columbia) was an MJ. 99% of Somalis were illiterate at that time.

How are they illiterate when we all know that most Somalis back home can read and write The Quran.

How are they illiterate when we all know that most Somalis back home can read and write The Quran.
Illiterate is one who can’t read or write (in any language) but in this case English.
Westerners consider anyone who can’t read or write in English “illiterate” apparently which I think is foolish since one can be fluent in a language but still be illiterate at the same time. Most Somalis were illiterate in English when the civil war began, some were fluent in and spoke Italian, some Arabic and a tiny bit English, those that got to to qurbaha earlier had a head start.

Qardho Puntland Somalia

1715309606223.png

1715309634853.png

This thread stinks of dirty SNM. @empressjamila your intentions were probably good, but you gotta relax with claiming your eastern and western neighbors in your enclave. Otherwise your not qualified to facilitate this thread
It’s the name of my clan, the people that conquered the land, that’s why it was named after us, get to know us inferior.
you guys lead the show, although DDS came into existence when all Somalis from every part of it came together to form the first government.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I think it’s because MJ’s dominate qurbaha. The first Somali to graduate from an ivy league school (Columbia) was an MJ. 99% of Somalis were illiterate at that time.
Somalis who studied religion were literate. I know a number of them that studied in Egypt eons ago. One of the first Somali women with a PhD in the west was Gadabuursi. One of the first Somalis with an advanced degree in the US as well. One of the first few to attend an Ivy in England was too. And that does not even matter because whatever these guys did was surpassed by Somalis of any clan who are in the west today that aren't stifled by limited opportunities. And they have it a lot easier than Somalis backhome not afforded what should be ubiquitous.