Police in America shoot autistic kid

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Autistic teenager in Utah shot by police after mother calls for help

Linden Cameron
Image copyrightCOURTESY GOLDA BARTONImage captionLinden Cameron was shot by police
A 13-year-old boy in Glendale, Utah, was shot several times by police officers after his mother called 911 for help with his mental health crisis.
Linden Cameron, who has Asperger's, a form of autism, is now in a serious condition in hospital, his mother said.
Golda Barton said she had believed police attending on Friday night would use "the most minimal force possible".
Salt Lake City Police Sgt Keith Horrocks told reporters that the incident was now being investigated.
Speaking to local CBS-affiliate KUTV, Ms Barton said she told the 911 operator that her son needed to be taken to hospital for treatment.
ADVERTISEMENT

He was experiencing a crisis because it was her first day back at work in almost a year and "he has bad separation anxiety", she said.
"I said, he's unarmed, he doesn't have anything, he just gets mad and he starts yelling and screaming," Ms Barton said. "He's a kid, he's trying to get attention, he doesn't know how to regulate."
At a press conference, Sgt Horrocks said officers were called to a "violent psych issue" and reports that a boy - who they did not name - had made "threats to some folks with a weapon". He added that there was no indication when they attended that the boy was armed.
An officer shot the boy when he tried to flee on foot, Sgt Horrocks said.
File photo of a protest against police brutality outside the Utah state capitol in June
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGESImage captionAs in other US cities, Salt Lake City saw protests against police brutality this summer
According to an online fundraiser set up to raise money for medical bills, Linden Cameron has suffered "injuries to his shoulder, both ankles, intestines and bladder".
"The long-term effects of his injuries are still unknown, but it is likely that his recovery will be long and require multiple kinds of treatment," the page, set up by a friend of the family, says.
According to data compiled and regularly updated by the Washington Post, 1,254 people with a mental illness have been shot dead by US police since the beginning of 2015. This represents 22% of all people shot and killed by police across the country over that period.

What sort of 5th world shit is this. It's like they're trying to out do themselves.

Surprisingly the victim isn't black he's white

Destiny

Shaah Enthusiast
They’re raising money for his medical bills. Damn. This is the most American thing ever. Get shot by the cops and then go bankrupt at the hospital. Poor family. I hope they get justice.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Clive isn't aging well tho.
:snoop:

Denzel still got it.
:denzelnigga:

I know. Clive is not aging well walaahi Possibly because he is excessively thin for his age. U need some meat to hide those age bones. Danzel is comfortable with his stomach. He is low key nowadays.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
This is America a rogue nation with a past history of police brutality against their own citizens. They are supposed to protect their citizens, not harm them. It truly shows how America is even worst than third world countries because they don't have this kind of system where it's okay to use deadly force if they are barely causing harm.

In America, it's okay to shoot someone who resists an arrest. It's okay to shoot the person who runs or even walk back towards the officer. In other civilized nations, they simply force the arrest on someone who is trying to resist or chase them if they run. Heck, even if they are a threat the police officers still doesn't find a justification to take the civilians life. They simply taser him and that is how every real law enforcer from a civilized nation is supposed to do.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
This is America a rogue nation with a past history of police brutality against their own citizens. They are supposed to protect their citizens, not harm them. It truly shows how America is even worst than third world countries because they don't have this kind of system where it's okay to use deadly force if they are barely causing harm.

In America, it's okay to shoot someone who resists an arrest. It's okay to shoot the person who runs or even walk back towards the officer. In other civilized countries, they simply force the arrest on someone who is trying to resist or chase them if they run. Heck, even if they are a threat the police officers still don't find a justification to take the civilians life. They simply taser him and that is how every real law enforcer from a civilized nation is supposed to do.

I like our America. Hopefully it prevents people from moving to America. :(

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Its all fine and dandy till you get sprayed for no reason

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlaugh::mjlaugh::mjkkk::mjkkk:

I lived ALL my life in America. Yes i have come across racist rude Police, but i chose to ignore it.

My attitude is smile, be nice when u r traffic stopped. U have no idea how many times i was not given a ticket for being nice or low key flirting.