Planning on creating a Chess AI

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I’ve been watching so many youtube videos about self learning AI and I’ve been so fascinated about it. I plan on making a chess AI on unity engine that learns how to play chess from read hundreds of master games, and then playing against itself slowly getting better.

I hope to make an AI that can consistently beat me in chess.

Do any of you guys know any resources to get started on learning about neural networks and AI building?

I want to start as soon as possible and finish this project in a month or two insha’allah.

if you wanna help me out PM me and I’ll add you on discord so we can collaborate.

if you guys aren’t familiar with self learning AI you really should search it up, it’s so cool that a computer can literally reach itself to do anything just from trying random things and picking up what works best. I genuinely believe Self-Learning AI is the future.

Viscount

I got real connections
How experienced are you in programming by any chance, if you want to pursue neural networks and AI I would advise you to learn Python.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How experienced are you in programming by any chance, if you want to pursue neural networks and AI I would advise you to learn Python.
I’m fairly experienced, been coding for 3 years now.

I don’t know python but I’ll learn it.

I know doing self learning AI for chess is a big jump which is why I’ve started on tic tac toe.

I already have an AI for tic tac toe that pseudolearns the game by playing thousands of games against itself and slowly figuring out which sequence of moves wins, loses, and draws. But ofc this is impossible to do in chess since there are more games possible than atoms in the universe.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
I’ve been watching so many youtube videos about self learning AI and I’ve been so fascinated about it. I plan on making a chess AI on unity engine that learns how to play chess from read hundreds of master games, and then playing against itself slowly getting better.

Do any of you guys know any resources to get started on learning about neural networks and AI building?

I want to start as soon as possible and finish this project in a month or two insha’allah.

if you wanna help me out PM me and I’ll add you on discord so we can collaborate.

if you guys aren’t familiar with self learning AI you really should search it up, it’s so cool that a computer can literally reach itself to do anything just from trying random things and picking up what works best. I genuinely believe Self-Learning AI is the future.
That’s not a bad idea, like googles Alpha zero chsss AI and the standard stock fish chess AI which are all well known today. You could make the AI and then develop an app for it and go from there.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Unrelated but let’s play chess sometime @BoqorkaChess I love the game but I’d consider myself an amateur
it’s such a fun game once you get competitive and play often.

I’m ready to play most of the times except during school. Of course don’t get disheartened when I crush you :icon e biggrin:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That’s not a bad idea, like googles Alpha zero chsss AI and the standard stock fish chess AI which are all well known today. You could make the AI and then develop an app for it and go from there.
yeah, I want to create an AI and put it in amateur tournaments.

I’ll never get it anywhere near Alpha Zero though. They use super computers in the google and can play millions of chess games over night. When I was creating my
tic tac toe AI it could only play 10 games a second and even then my computer gets hot and screams loud.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
yeah, I want to create an AI and put it in amateur tournaments.

I’ll never get it anywhere near Alpha Zero though. They use super computers in the google and can play millions of chess games over night. When I was creating my
tic tac toe AI it could only play 10 games a second and even then my computer gets hot and screams loud.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah I see grandmasters learning from alpha zero since none of them can beat it, computers teaching people :win:

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44

I don’t know anything about coding but it sounds dope, good luck.

How did you get good at chess? I think I’m ok for beginner, but need more practice - but my friends/family never wanna give it a go.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I don’t know anything about coding but it sounds dope, good luck.

How did you get good at chess? I think I’m ok for beginner, but need more practice - but my friends/family never wanna give it a go.
I played everyday at school at lunch, played at home a bunch too, watched videos, studied games. Eventually went to tournaments. Did that for three years straight.

Hoping to become an official master in chess by next year. Then a few years after that I might play for Somalia insha allah.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yeah I see grandmasters learning from alpha zero since none of them can beat it, computers teaching people :win:
yeah, nowadays computers win all the times. It’s actually stone cold, if you make a mistake you can rely on your opponent making a mistake or not fully punishing you for it.

But computers have no mercy, a small mess up is enough for them to take advantage and grind out the win with 100% accuracy.

Amazing how just in the ‘90s everyone went crazy when a computer beat a reigning world champion for the first time ever.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
I played everyday at school at lunch, played at home a bunch too, watched videos, studied games. Eventually went to tournaments. Did that for three years straight.

Hoping to become an official master in chess by next year. Then a few years after that I might play for Somalia insha allah.
That’s amazing, I’ve played on and off for like 2 years but only take it seriously for a day and then forget about it and play again like 7 months later or something like that. Anyway, down to play right now? I want to test myself :ivers:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
That’s amazing, I’ve played on and off for like 2 years but only take it seriously for a day and then forget about it and play again like 7 months later or something like that. Anyway, down to play right now? I want to test myself :ivers:
mb man I didn't check sspot. I'm going to sleep soon but I can get in a game if you're on rn.

Viscount

I got real connections

Here is a couple of links, hopefully it's helpful:

I'm more focused on Web Development to be honest, but Machine Learning seems really fascinating to me. I have a few bookmarks of things I will someday learn, hopefully this is of some use to you.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Here is a couple of links, hopefully it's helpful:

I'm more focused on Web Development to be honest, but Machine Learning seems really fascinating to me. I have a few bookmarks of things I will someday learn, hopefully this is of some use to you.
I’ve gotten into web developing and I can say it is probably the most frustrating and boring thing to ever do. ESPECIALLY the css, properties don’t work for no apparent reason at times.

Viscount

I got real connections
I’ve gotten into web developing and I can say it is probably the most frustrating and boring thing to ever do. ESPECIALLY the css, properties don’t work for no apparent reason at times.
CSS is honestly annoying at times it takes so many lines to make something look good.