People of Horn of Africa by loan Lewis.

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
I found this book interesting and it’s about somali, Afar and saho people culture and their lifestyle.
that guy is a clown. I read the book and he keeps referring to some somalis as "nigroid" LOOL. as i was reading, i couldn't help but feel like he was describing some sort of animal the way he was talking about us. almost like a zoologist

In conclusion, it's a book written by a literal colonizer that shouldn't be treated as an actual source for anything.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
that guy is a clown. I read the book and he keeps referring to some somalis as "nigroid" LOOL. as i was reading, i couldn't help but feel like he was describing some sort of animal the way he was talking about us. almost like a zoologist

In conclusion, it's a book written by a literal colonizer that shouldn't be treated as an actual source for anything.
To justify colonialism to the people back home they would have to make us look like uncivilized animals

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP

He just describing Bantu Somalis.

Calm down this is one of his earlier books I think,
He even admits in his newer ones the colonial thinking he displayed in his early writing. He admits feeling embarrassed.

Hamzza

VIP
Lewis makes many errors in that book(it was his first book/article about the Somalis btw) as he was entirely relying on the works of other scholars and travellers, especially Italians. It was library research, not field research as he said in the preface.

Nin123

The most hated man in here
VIP
Lewis makes many errors in that book(it was his first book/article about the Somalis btw) as he was entirely relying on the works of other scholars and travellers, especially Italians. It was library research, not field research as he said in the preface.
Yeah you right there is mistakes and assumptions that is not true. Lewis only been in somaliland English side.

It’s more correct to call jrweyne that than bantu because many clans are not actually Bantu.

Trending

Latest posts