Peaceful Somalia

Maximus

Lord Maximus
If we had a one party and non-aligned (neither communist or Western aligned) state, I honestly believe somalia could’ve prospered.

The only way this nation could’ve ever stayed united is if tribalism was eradicated.
This could be done through mass educational programs, the state control of media and a strong leader.

Anyways, this is what I think Somalia would’ve looked today like without the war.

1-Through years of government education, we would have been a 90% literate nation.
2-Our beaches would’ve been considered world class, a top tourist destination

3-Greater Somalia would have become true. With the Ethiopians in a civil war after the Derg collapsed, we may have had an opportunity to liberate the Ogaden while the Ethiopians were busy slaughtering themselves. NFD would have been funded to free themselves, we may have joined in.

4-With the Oil money, we would have instated a closed economy and begin producing our own weapons (tanks, missiles, and potentially atom bombs ).

5-The country would have been the most developed in sub saharan africa

Tribalism is not the only factor that is staying in our way to success. Our culture and "fixed Mindset" is according to me the more detrimental factors at play.

Tribalism is not the only factor that is staying in our way to success. Our culture and "fixed Mindset" is according to me the more detrimental factors at play.
Culture has nothing to do with the downfall of Somalia.

Maximus

Lord Maximus

The fixed mindset is just a lack of education and motivation.

If education is made compulsory, then an inclusive environment can be setup for children.

If you tell a child that he/she has potential to be anything he/she wants, then the outcome is great.

The old generation of somalis are the failures who failed to keep up with the modern world, the median age is 18 and it will continue to drop. This is an opportunity to teach children in a ‘Montessori-style’ education system.

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
MexWave.gif

Maximus

Lord Maximus
Very big generalization, the old generation are very wise.

You do realize that external forces crumbled Somalia right and not the elders.
Yes. I do.

The war was caused by Tribalism and partly by the Ogaden war which led to instability (due to Ethiopia). This then led to anger and genocide by Barre

This is was the fundamental cause of the war.

Culture has nothing to do with the downfall of Somalia.
Yes, it does. Culture has a lot to do with why we failed back home and in the west. Tribalism is just fuel to the fire

the carol dweck thing?

Yes, people with a "fixed mindset" believe their qualities are fixed and cannot be changed. They therefore never try to develop their intelligence and talents and never develop.

Carol decker also wrote this about Growth mindset:

Growth Mindset: “In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.” ( Dweck, 2015)

Fixed-vs-Growth_-The-two-basic-mindsets-that-shape-our-lives-compressor-1152x603.jpg

Between these two mindsets, I figure Somalis are leaning heavily towards the "Fixed" mindset. We are in a way comfortable in our misery and dislike challenges. We are very sensitive towards critique and have a fucked up view on the word and our position in it (we for some reason think we're better than we actually are). Between being a leader and a follower, we are followers. We never have Our own opinion and for some reason, we prioritise others above our selves. Some, not all, even have more sympathy for foreigners plight over our own. and no one seems to have a drive great enough for change. We have all of these problems in our society and we can't come up with solutions. We need to be more creative and "think outside of the box" type, instead, we will never grow or contribute to the world.

Trending

Latest posts