Our ancient cousins the Azanians

Status
Not open for further replies.
6thmaiden_zpsno6fdcnx.jpg

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/land...2015/07/30/who-were-the-ancient-azanians/amp/

How come no one has tried to uncover the mysteries of these ancient people. :hmm:
I think they were the ones that traded in the ancient southern city of raptor, what do you lot think?

What is ancient Somalia I wonder:hmm:
"ancient Somalia" never existed the same way ancient Iran never existed, Iran had a name before called persia. I'm just curious what our ancestors were doing at that time, as well as what was happening in the geographical location of the HOA:hmm:
Surely you can't believe we were drink caano geel and doing dhaanto from the beginning of time:chrisfreshhah::mjlol:

I have a theory that Somalis in general don't ponder on the past, that's why we can't learn from our past mistakes. I also think we can't think long-term because no-one wants to compromise for the greater good of our people. Thus we are stuck in a never ending cycle of violence and corruption.:ivers::jcoleno:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
“The Periplus records the names of ports, gives advice on how to comport oneself with local leaders, and describes the goods for trade.The Africans were tall and described as “red men” who fish, hunt, and herd cattle, sheep, and goats. These Azanians were most probably Cushitic speakers who had migrated into eastern Africa from Ethiopia, and were not the darker-complexioned inhabitants described by Muslim traders on the East African coast several centuries later. They had valuable items to trade — ivory, rhinoceros horn, tortoiseshell, spices, particularly cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), the most profitable spice in the trade, and perfumes (frankincense, myrrh, and ambergris) — that were exchanged for iron, wheat, cloth, and porcelains.”

Collins, Robert O., and James McDonald Burns. A History of Sub-Saharan Africa. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2007.

“It is significant that the [Periplus of the Erythraean Sea] author remarks only on [the Azanian’s] stature. He seems, therefore, to assume that they were Caucasians, for, to a Greek of his day, Negroes would have been strange beings whose characteristics would certainly have been noted. In this assumption, of course, he was right, since, as noted above, the archeological evidence demonstrates indisputably the complete absence of Negroes in this part of Africa for centuries to come. The Cushitic peoples, however, are noted for their tall stature. The inhabitants can therefore have been no other than Megalithic Cushites who had descended the few miles from the Kenya highlands to the coast and there turned to maritime pursuits. This is attested by the numerous megalithic remains, including stone phalli, which still dot the Azanian coast.”

Murdock, George Peter. Africa: Its Peoples and Their Culture History. New York: McGraw-Hill Book, 1959.

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
“The Periplus records the names of ports, gives advice on how to comport oneself with local leaders, and describes the goods for trade.The Africans were tall and described as “red men” who fish, hunt, and herd cattle, sheep, and goats. These Azanians were most probably Cushitic speakers who had migrated into eastern Africa from Ethiopia, and were not the darker-complexioned inhabitants described by Muslim traders on the East African coast several centuries later. They had valuable items to trade — ivory, rhinoceros horn, tortoiseshell, spices, particularly cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), the most profitable spice in the trade, and perfumes (frankincense, myrrh, and ambergris) — that were exchanged for iron, wheat, cloth, and porcelains.”

Collins, Robert O., and James McDonald Burns. A History of Sub-Saharan Africa. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2007.

“It is significant that the [Periplus of the Erythraean Sea] author remarks only on [the Azanian’s] stature. He seems, therefore, to assume that they were Caucasians, for, to a Greek of his day, Negroes would have been strange beings whose characteristics would certainly have been noted. In this assumption, of course, he was right, since, as noted above, the archeological evidence demonstrates indisputably the complete absence of Negroes in this part of Africa for centuries to come. The Cushitic peoples, however, are noted for their tall stature. The inhabitants can therefore have been no other than Megalithic Cushites who had descended the few miles from the Kenya highlands to the coast and there turned to maritime pursuits. This is attested by the numerous megalithic remains, including stone phalli, which still dot the Azanian coast.”

Murdock, George Peter. Africa: Its Peoples and Their Culture History. New York: McGraw-Hill Book, 1959.

So, they were lighter than the darker East Africans a couple of centuries later?

I wonder why. This is very interesting.
:ehh:

These Azanian niggas got fully engulfed by the bantu expansion, they were probably peace loving people they stood no chance against the the bantu expansion. Could you imagine waves of bantus attack ur peaceful settlement on the weekly basis.

Niggas went from looking like this
220px-Iraqw_Man.jpg

To this
TAN iraqw-lute.jpg

Whats little left of their culture was hijacked by the bantus:dead1::damn:

Apollo

VIP
Where is tsetse fly located in Kenya if you know by any chance? It seems like we Somalis have expanded as far as the disease doesn't reach.

Kenya has little to no tsetse from what maps that I am looking at. Especially the highland areas. And large parts of Northern Tanzania also don't have it.

I'm thankful our ancestors were xenophobic and territorial or we would be bantus right now :chrisfreshhah:

Uhuh, they were cucks as well for allowing Arab traders to literally dump thousands of Zanjis on your land without permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending