Osmanya is not and don't resemble Ge'ez

Let's compare both these scripts in their sample text and you judge for yourself even a shisheeye wouldn't mistake for Ge'ez.

Somalia, officially the Federal Republic of Somalia, is a country in the Horn of Africa. The country is bordered by Ethiopia to the west, Djibouti to the northwest, the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Indian Ocean to the east, and Kenya to the southwest. Somalia has the longest coastline on Africa's mainland.

Soomaaliya, si rasmi ah Jamhuuriyadda Federaalka Soomaaliya, waa waddan ku yaal Geeska Afrika. Dalku waxa uu xad la wadaagaa Itoobiya galbeed, Jabuuti dhanka waqooyi-galbeed, Gacanka Cadmeed dhanka waqooyi, badweynta Hindiya oo bari ah, iyo Kiinya oo ka xigta koonfur-galbeed. Soomaaliya waxay leedahay xeebta ugu dheer badweynta Afrika.

Osmanya:

๐’ˆ๐’๐’‘๐’›๐’๐’˜๐’•๐’–, ๐’ˆ๐’˜ ๐’‡๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‘๐’˜ ๐’–๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’‘๐’”๐’“๐’‡๐’˜๐’•๐’–๐’†๐’†๐’– ๐’๐’—๐’†๐’—๐’‡๐’›๐’๐’๐’– ๐’ˆ๐’๐’‘๐’›๐’๐’˜๐’•๐’–, ๐’“๐’› ๐’“๐’–๐’†๐’†๐’–๐’’ ๐’๐’š ๐’•๐’›๐’ ๐’Œ๐’œ๐’ˆ๐’๐’– ๐’–๐’๐’‡๐’˜๐’๐’–. ๐’†๐’–๐’๐’๐’š ๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’– ๐’“ ๐’„๐’–๐’† ๐’๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’†๐’›๐’Œ๐’› ๐’˜๐’‚๐’๐’๐’˜๐’•๐’– ๐’Œ๐’–๐’๐’๐’œ๐’†, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’๐’“๐’‚๐’˜ ๐’Š๐’–๐’’๐’๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’Ž๐’๐’•๐’˜-๐’Œ๐’–๐’๐’๐’œ๐’†, ๐’Œ๐’–๐’‹๐’–๐’’๐’๐’– ๐’‹๐’–๐’†๐’‘๐’œ๐’† ๐’Š๐’–๐’’๐’๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’Ž๐’๐’•๐’˜, ๐’๐’–๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’•๐’’๐’‚๐’– ๐’”๐’˜๐’’๐’†๐’˜๐’•๐’– ๐’ ๐’๐’–๐’‡๐’˜ ๐’–๐’”, ๐’˜๐’•๐’™ ๐’๐’•๐’’๐’•๐’– ๐’ ๐’๐’– ๐’„๐’˜๐’Œ๐’‚๐’– ๐’๐’๐’’๐’๐’š๐’‡-๐’Œ๐’–๐’๐’๐’œ๐’†. ๐’ˆ๐’๐’‘๐’›๐’๐’˜๐’•๐’– ๐’“๐’–๐’„๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’œ๐’†๐’–๐’”๐’–๐’• ๐’„๐’œ๐’๐’‚๐’– ๐’š๐’Œ๐’š ๐’Š๐’œ๐’‡ ๐’๐’–๐’†๐’“๐’—๐’•๐’’๐’‚๐’– ๐’–๐’๐’‡๐’˜๐’๐’–.

Ge'ez ( In Amharic language)

แˆถแˆ›แˆŠแ‹ซแฃ แ‰ แ‹ญแ‹ แ‹จแˆถแˆ›แˆŠแ‹ซ แŒแ‹ดแˆซแˆ‹แ‹Š แˆชแแ‰ฅแˆŠแŠญแฃ แ‰ แŠ แแˆชแŠซ แ‰€แŠ•แ‹ต แ‹แˆตแŒฅ แ‹ซแˆˆ แŠ แŒˆแˆญ แŠแ‹แข แŠ แŒˆแˆชแ‰ฑ แ‰ แˆแ‹•แˆซแ‰ฅ แŠจแŠขแ‰ตแ‹ฎแŒตแ‹ซแฃ แ‰ แˆฐแˆœแŠ• แˆแ‹•แˆซแ‰ฅ แŒ…แ‰กแ‰ฒแฃ แ‰ แˆฐแˆœแŠ• แ‹จแŠคแ‹ฐแŠ• แ‰ฃแˆ…แˆจ แˆฐแˆ‹แŒคแฃ แ‰ แˆแˆตแˆซแ‰… แŠจแˆ…แŠ•แ‹ต แ‹แ‰…แ‹ซแŠ–แˆตแฃ แ‰ แ‹ฐแ‰กแ‰ฅ แˆแ‹•แˆซแ‰ฅ แŠจแŠฌแŠ•แ‹ซ แŒ‹แˆญ แ‰ตแ‹‹แˆฐแŠ“แˆˆแ‰ฝแข แˆถแˆ›แˆŠแ‹ซ แ‰ แŠ แแˆชแŠซ แˆจแ‹ฅแˆ™ แ‹จแ‰ฃแˆ…แˆญ แ‹ณแˆญแ‰ป แŠ แˆ‹แ‰ตแข

induction

Nothing is true; everything is permitted
ngl when i first saw your username (am assuming its in osmanya) i thought you were some habashi and i was like HUH? what's a habashi doing here? the 2 texts you showed look very very similar.

Niyahow stop crying about this, its over

Latin script has taken over and nothing will ever change it again in todays globalized English speaking world

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Bro the fact you always talk about this proves their point.

If I said Chinese and Arabic look the same, no one in their right mind would entertain that discussion, let alone make threads about it.

Your obsession on this topic is your downfall.

alien

๐Ÿ“outer space
VIP
@Periplus every script has similar letters. a, d and b look alike. in arabic, the only difference between several letters is a small dot.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
@Periplus in every script, there are similar letters. a, d and b look alike. in arabic, the only difference between several letters is a small dot.

Yes, they have distinct markers. D and B are on opposite sides in the lowercase. Arabic has dots.

These Osmanya letters and numbers I mentioned are barely different if youโ€™re handwriting it. Iโ€™ve written in Osmanya before and itโ€™s useless unless you either using a computer or writing in calligraphy.

Trending