Somalia should use intellectual property law to protect ALINDI FABRICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to Somali cultural events in Minneapolis + I go to an all Somali charter school. I have never seen a Somali wearing a khamis, and abaya for hido iyo dhaqan. The youth dont even do that. Do you live in a mostly white neighborhood?
Then i guess it varies depending on where you are, yes we have plenty of white, but also plenty of somalis as well. Perhpas there is some differences in terms of what somalis are taught that has led to something like this, i still don't believe that there arent somalis elsewhere that dont do this, im sure theres plenty

I go to Somali cultural events in Minneapolis + I go to an all Somali charter school. I have never seen a Somali wearing a khamis, and abaya for hido iyo dhaqan. The youth dont even do that. Do you live in a mostly white neighborhood?

A Somali charter school ? That sounds amazing. None of the schools I went to had more than 10 % Somalis.

Nafiso Qalanjo

π–‚π–Š'π–—π–Š π–Œπ–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖙𝖔 π–œπ–†π–— π–‡π–†π–‡π–ž!
Then i guess it varies depending on where you are, yes we have plenty of white, but also plenty of somalis as well. Perhpas there is some differences in terms of what somalis are taught that has led to something like this, i still don't believe that there arent somalis elsewhere that dont do this, im sure theres plenty
Plenty is an exaggeration dont you think? They clearly dont make up the majority.

Nafiso Qalanjo

A Somali charter school ? That sounds amazing. None of the schools I went to had more than 10 % Somalis.
My parents wanted to raise me around my community and not stray off from gaalo influence so they mostly enrolled me into Somali Charter schools from Elementary till High school. Does London not have Somali owned schools?

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
To be fair, everyone from Chad to Sudan to the Horn had similar traditional attire. There were obviously unique regional variations like the alindi among Somalis but, for example, one thing that was universal was this obsession with white robes similar to Greco-Roman togas:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So an Oromo would not be wrong to claim our traditional attire is similar to theirs but I think the alindi designs you see among them and some other groups in the Horn and Kenya is just something that spread recently from Somalis though I might be wrong.

Last edited:
My parents wanted to raise me around my community and not stray off from gaalo influence so they mostly enrolled me into Somali Charter schools from Elementary till High school. Does London not have Somali owned schools?

No we don't have Somali owned schools. Some islamic schools might have lots of Somali kids but that as far as it goes. But at most they'd be 60%.

Nafiso Qalanjo

To be fair, everyone from Chad to Sudan to the Horn had similar traditional attire. There were obviously unique regional variations like the alindi among Somalis but, for example, one thing that was universal was this obsession with white robes similar to Greco-Roman togas:

So an Oromo would not be wrong to claim our traditional attire is similar to theirs but I think the alindi designs you see among them and some other groups in the Horn and Kenya is just something that spread recently from Somalis though I might be wrong.
Oromos have their own unique fabric clothing design. Every cushetic group does. So that is why its wrong for Oromos to claim alindi. alindi fabric is exclusively unique to Somali culture , and still made by Somalis till this day.

Last edited:

Som

VIP
Fashion and clothing preferences always change for many reasons. Europeans dress very differently now compared to 100 years ago. That doesn't mean they have no history.
Of course, clothes change. I was Just answering the guy saying we have no traditional clothes because we couldn't manufacture them.
There's plenty of evidence on how somali clothing changed through time, i think there waa a book specifically in this topic

Invader

πŸ‘ΎpΚ…ΙΉoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ Ζƒuα΄‰ΚŒα΄‰Κ…πŸ‘Ύ
Most Oromos are Muslims. If you guys fight then it has nothing to do with religion, probably over land . No need to keep grudges over Africans fighting over something so trivial
Oromos are expansionists and they are trying to expand into Somali lands.

i dont get hating oromos over clothing, hate them for clashes against somalis in ethiopia but why clothing. that fabric is also stolen by many people outside oromos

Most Oromos are Muslims. If you guys fight then it has nothing to do with religion, probably over land . No need to keep grudges over Africans fighting over something so trivial
Your right on everything but there are not related to us tbh

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
That nigga really tried.
Cad cads made the fabric still doesn't take away that it originated in Somalia and is unique to our culture. The slaves grew the cotton, Somali merchants took the cotton to Cad Cads, than they made us alindi fabric. It was a mutual business relationship. Nigga was acting like arabs were our white saviors that came all the way down from Arabia to clothes us.

It's true the Bantu slaves would grow cotton in the interior and would work for their Somali masters and they would sell them to the Benadir ports but there is no evidence the cadcads exclusively produced those fabrics. Sure, they participated in it but the majority of the population on the coast were Somalis and they were urban people too so they also got involved in designing the clothes.

The Somalis actually learned textiles from the Indians when our traders went to India to receive their knowledge. This debunks the narrative that the cadcads were involved in our textile history when they mainly descend from Arabia and Persia.

1610916687357.png

The Benadir coast wasn't the only place known for weaving at one point Afgooye was leading the weaving and shoemaking industries during the early modern period and were selling their fabrics as far as Oman. Another proof Somalis had it.

1610916848480.png

It's almost disgusting when people deny Somalis human capability as if they were animals. Those racist unhistorical claims won't fly over here.

Last edited:
We are finished. By 2050, Oromos will absorb the entire Somali population and assimilate us. Somalis will cease to exist. :jcoleno:

We are finished. By 2050, Oromos will absorb the entire Somali population and assimilate us. Somalis will cease to exist. :jcoleno:
Oromos will be the ones assimilated by Afars, Somalis & Habeshas. In Shaa Allah as they love to pick fights with any1 (even though Afars used to be in OMN & voice their grievances according to Oromos) oh how times change.

Emily

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
VIP
Thats obviously something smart if you're wanting to make your line dominant in the area

weren't you exposed as a larp recently or am I mistaken
Those people thought there were into something. Too bad tho da queen came on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts