Oromo contact with proto south cushric

@15 minute mark,

He seems to think the Oromo contact occurred in Northern Kenya, though he does hint at Ethiopia I believe as well.

I would have thought Earliest oromos settling in fertile modern Ethiopian areas makes more sense, then they find south Cushitics there.

I am not sure how does this fit in with the proposed timelines and dates by the DNA bros on here?

It’s difficult correlating lineages with languages but I get the feeling that the E-M293 which is often associated with southern Cushitic expansion and which is also found sporadically in certain southern Somalis and Oromo could be those sousthern cushites that got absorbed by us.

A Galjecel and another that is sheikhal from JL on that haplogroup on 23andme as well as a one from Mandera Kenya, one M293 Marehan, one M293 Warsangali and a Rahaynweyn M293. I think the Warsengeli is an actual cawrmales from the south that claim warsengeli because so far that haplogroup has been found south of Xamar only.

It’s difficult correlating lineages with languages but I get the feeling that the E-M293 which is often associated with southern Cushitic expansion and which is also found sporadically in certain southern Somalis and Oromo could be those sousthern cushites that got absorbed by us.

A Galjecel and another that is sheikhal from JL on that haplogroup on 23andme as well as a one from Mandera Kenya, one M293 Marehan, one M293 Warsangali and a Rahaynweyn M293. I think the Warsengeli is an actual cawrmales from the south that claim warsengeli because so far that haplogroup has been found south of Xamar only.
There's been Gaaljecel, Degodiye, Garre, Sheekhaal Cabdi Sheekh, Warsangali, Isaaq Arap, Luwaay and Makanne with E-M293 so far

Trending